X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Originally posted by simplyconnected
    Small local airports sell leaded fuel and so do marinas. It ain't cheap but it's real gas. This has always been the case. Some of the more serious car racers around here have always bought 100 octane airplane gasoline...
    Many of our pumps are un-maned because, well, who is going to wait around for an airplane to pull up, especially in an executive or small airport.

As I posted, use your credit card or cash and you're in.

So Randy, your airport is very similar to many airports around the country. They make a killing on fuel sales. Thanks for investigating LAX. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• pbf777
      Experienced
      • Jan 9 2016

Originally posted by simplyconnected
      Many of our pumps are un-maned because, well, who is going to wait around for an airplane to pull up, especially in an executive or small airport. Dave
      I admit, I don't get out much, but at the airports around here, they have maned fuel trucks which deliver the fuel to the planes on the tarmac; not fuel pump stations in which one taxi's their plane up to "fill-her-up"; as aircraft on the ground in motion are considered dangerous with wingspan, spinning propellers and/or jet-blast, etc., and limited pilot visibility.

Now, I'm sure there are exceptions, but would these be what one would typically expect to encounter?

And yes, "off-road" racing fuel is not cheap gasoline compared to the acceptable "road" fuels at the pump, but remember when buying such by the can, you also must include truck freighting and the cost of the can!

Scott.

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

Many of our executive airports are small. They may have a fuel truck but I haven't seen any. The field is unused most of the day so an attendant isn't necessary. It could be too, that some planes refuel at larger airports where prices are lower.

When I go, I rarely get ten gallons. All I need is three or four, certainly not a tank full. - Dave
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎