X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

skyliner57's Animated '57 Skyliner!

New user, Ken just sent me a pic of their beautiful white on red '57 Skyliner doing it thang! Watch this!

http://www.special-classics.com/Arch...an/sky-ani.gif

I can remember back in '58 or '59, my father-in-law buying a brand new Skyliner. We nearly wore it out the first day making the top go into the trunk and back out again, as all the neighbors watched!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Ian M Greer
    Experienced
    • Jul 29 2010

Ken correct me if I'm wrong , but to my understanding the 57 hide-away had two panel fiberglass roof the following years were made out of two metal panels ? Ian

Comment

• skyliner57
      • Mar 22 2013

Ian...
      the '57 skyliner has two metal roof panels.. no fiberglass. I dont believe they were ever fiberglass in any of the 3 years built.
      Ken

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

Originally posted by skyliner57
        Ian...
        the '57 skyliner has two metal roof panels.. no fiberglass. I dont believe they were ever fiberglass in any of the 3 years built.
        Ken
        Ken should be banned for not believing in Fiberglas AND he has a Y-block.
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

Originally posted by YellowRose
          ...I can remember back in '58 or '59, my father-in-law buying a brand new Skyliner. We nearly wore it out the first day making the top go into the trunk and back out again, as all the neighbors watched!
          Ray should be banned for making his neighbors watch his top go up and down.
          Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• skyliner57
            • Mar 22 2013

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Comment

• Joe Johnston
              Super-Experienced
              • Dec 23 2008

Pretty neat watching them, ALMOST as cool as my 63SR

Comment

• Ian M Greer
                Experienced
                • Jul 29 2010

Joe, I must admit to watch hide-aways and T-birds in operation is amazing ( of co**** providing they work ) but
                I do love there operation . I think the hide-away hardtop does offer a little more trunk room with its metal box container in the trunk , and its fairly deep too . I know from previously owning a 63 rag the bird offers a much more shallow trunk and one has to be carefull carrying anything in it. Ken thanks for the reply.

Comment

• Joe Johnston
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Dec 23 2008

With the top down there is only room in the trunk for ........... well, not very much!!!! Only real space is between the deck lid cylinders and perhaps a foot or so forward to the top. The Skyliner's have a lot more room on the floor and depth as well.

However, push the top button on either one and everyone watches!

I caught a lot of good natured ribbing from my Chebbie buddies at a local car show as Ford didn't know how to put the hinges on the hood of my 57 or the trunk lid of my 63 as both were opening backwards (according to them)!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎