X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rigormortor
    Experienced
    • Mar 5 2010

Enjoying the T-Bird ..... finally!!

Well I came home this morning after 24 hours duty and went and got the T-Bird and did some small things to her. She was running so rich she would leave black carbon tracks wherever she would go, (Check out the pic) So after adjusting the floats and rich/lean screws she takes off strong with no hesitation, and no more black piles of carbon I also had to replace the CVR, the one from ebay didnt last long, so I went with the $1 7805 from radio shack, the same kind I have been using in my Dodge for a year. Now I have fuel and temp gauges again.

So with an 80 degree day we took Beatrice out for the evening. Out to eat, car parts store and Sonic for ice cream. My wife is very happy with her new paint and how she runs, plus getting compliments from other people like "Beautiful car" and "Nice ride" I told my wife to get used to that. Finally we are enjoying our ride, now off to the show Saturday.

Running rich, just rev the car and you get 2 black piles of carbon.
    Last edited by Rigormortor; October 7, 2010, 08:08 PM.
    On Cardomain - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3841411
  • Ian M Greer
    Experienced
    • Jul 29 2010

Your ride

Originally posted by Rigormortor
    Well I came home this morning after 24 hours duty and went and got the T-Bird and did some small things to her. She was running so rich she would leave black carbon tracks wherever she would go, (Check out the pic) So after adjusting the floats and rich/lean screws she takes off strong with no hesitation, and no more black piles of carbon I also had to replace the CVR, the one from ebay didnt last long, so I went with the $1 7805 from radio shack that I have been using in my Dodge for a year. Now I have fuel and temp gauges again.

So with an 80 degree day we took Beatrice out for the evening. Out to eat, car parts store and Sonic for ice cream. My wife is very happy with her new paint and how she runs, plus getting compliments from other people like "Beautiful car" and "Nice ride" I told my wife to get used to that. Finally we are enjoying our ride, now off to the show Saturday.

Running rich, just rev the car and you get 2 black piles of carbon.
    You got to be very proud to drive such a beautiful looking car enjoy

Comment

• 619Square
      Apprentice
      • Aug 20 2009

Wow... she looks great!!!
      --------------------------------
      1960 Thunderbird
      Been in my family since 1961
      Portland, OR

Comment

• brandonian
        Apprentice
        • Aug 4 2007

THAT IS A BEAAAAAAAAAAAAUTIFUL CAR! I never get tired of looking at Squarebirds. I park mine across the street from work and stare at it every chance I get! Makes work go so much faster!!!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎