X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vernz
    Experienced
    • Jul 12 2008

amazing old junkyard

There is an auto salvage yard about 10 miles from my house that I used to drive by every day on the way to work. I never payed much attention to it because all I could see were late model cars. The owner passed away recently and his family opened up the yard to anyone wanting parts. Apparently the owner was more of a car hoarder than a salvage businessman. Back in the woods of the property are row, after row, after row, of 50's and 60's cars that have never been picked over. There are also plenty of cars from the 20's to the 90's. It is absolutely amazing. Unfortunately the years of Northeast winters and rain have not been kind to the cars, but there are still parts galore and the woods of this lot are filled with people buying whole cars (for 16 cents a pound) and all kinds of parts. I found three squarebirds. A 59 convertible and two 60 coupes. I think you will enjoy some of the pictures.
    Attached Files

So sad We had one like that twenty-two miles away a few years ago. Wife and husband was getting a divorce. She had everyone of them crushed
    Richard D. Hord

Comment

• fcar
      Apprentice
      • Nov 13 2010

"So sad". Exactly how I felt, too.

Comment

• djberson
        Experienced
        • Jun 10 2012

Oh MAN, and I was JUST in Saratoga a couple of weeks ago too! I could have definitely used a few things...

Comment

• JohnG
          John
          • Jul 28 2003

get the VIN's and put 'em in the TBird Registry?

That front bumper looks pretty good!
          1958 Hardtop
          #8452 TBird Registry
          http://tbird.info/registry/DataSheet...r~equals~8452)

photo: http://www.squarebirds.org/users/joh...d_June2009.jpg
          history:
          http://www.squarebirds.org/users/johng/OCC.htm

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

amazing old junkyard

Whenever you run into a place like this, please take the time to either write down the VIN # AND Data Plate information of all Tbirds on the lot. Or take good, clear pix of the plate. Then report the car(s) to John Rotella's Tbird Registry so we can record the status of the car and show that it still exists, even if it has been sitting in a junk yard for 40 years... That is what I and others have been doing.www.tbirdregistry.com

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Anders
              Super-Experienced
              • Jan 19 2008

I just donīt get why anyone put in loads of cars in the forrest to rotten away. I just donīt get it. But the pictures are amazing Thankīs for sharing.
              sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
              http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• 65cobra03
                Apprentice
                • Dec 27 2006

junkyard

I live 20 miles from that area and would love to go there can you give me more info by pm or e-mail
                benjaron@aol.com

BEN

Comment

• davidmij
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jan 17 2011

Wow Vernz, looks like something from one of the car shows that are all over TV these days. Makes me wonder if the owner realizes what he has, or if he just doesn't want to sell or share anything.
                  There's an older guy in Rio Rancho, NM that has a ton of Ford FE parts in a storage shed on his property. He supposedly has 20 - 30 toploader trannys, rare heads from just about everything, cast iron headers, big blocks, dual quad intakes, 9 inch rearends, bellhousings, shifter linkage, shifters, you name it. I tried to buy a working toploader from him, he said I could pick a close ratio or a wide, none of them were rebuilt or anything yet he wanted $2000 for one! He wouldn't budge a penny on his prices. Seems to me he'd want to see the stuff used - instead it'll all just sit there waiting until he passes away someday in the next ten years or so. People are funny sometimes. Hmmph

Comment

• 65cobra03
                    Apprentice
                    • Dec 27 2006

amazing old junkyard

I toured this Junkyard last nov 2013 It was unbelievable there had to be 1500 to 2000 40 50 60 70's car's &truck's of all description's and some in pretty fair shape took a ride down in July 2014 All have been crushed or otherwise disposed of not so much as a bottlecap on the property Sad but true
                    BEN

Comment

• Tbird1044
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Jul 31 2012

Very Sad, as the prime resource for parts.

Nyles

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎