Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newer Spoke Wire Rims Not holding air with new tires

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not a fan of white walls so I did not get that type of tire.

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Newer Spoke Wire Rims Not holding air with new tires

Out of the numerous tire/rim dealerships in your city, I find it difficult to believe that not one of them has a set of 15" rims with the criteria you need that they can put on your Bulletbird. I was going to have Bob in Ohio look to see if he has a set of '65-'66 Flairbird rims that you could purchase from him. But after it looked like you were going to purchase new rims, I did not follow up on it. Now it seems like you might want to stay with the KH wire spokes. But here is his contact information if you would like to talk with him. He has no email addy, no computer, and no way to email you pix of the rims that he might have.

Here is information on Bob's Thunderbirds, in Vermilion, Ohio. It is said that he has some 300 Tbirds with 100 of them in very good condition and in storage. He also has a lot of parts. He can be contacted at:

Bob Jursinski
      1090 Sunnyside Road
      Vermilion, Ohio 44089
      Phone - 440-967-7306

Now, if you are interested in obtaining '65-'66 Flairbird rims, since we know they will work on your Bulletbird, Clint66 in Minnesota has 4 Flairbirds he is parting out listed in the For Sale / Parts Wanted Forum. You could ask him if he has a set of 5 15" rims off his Flairbirds. If he has 4 parts cars, he should have 20 rims! He should also be able to email you pix of what his rims looks like. Here is the link. Give him a call. He probably has a lot of parts for the Flairbird that he can pull from his parts cars.

http://www.squarebirds.org/vbulletin...ad.php?t=22149

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Found a shop with an old timer that can do work on my rims, balance them correctly, etc and I feel good that someone knows what he is doing.
        He says since my rim spokes are offset to the out part of rim that all is needed it talc powder type of stuff to put on tube and it should be ready to go.

Comment

Hello all. Still out here wavering.

This rim at https://www.speedwaymotors.com/shop/..._backspace:730

is what you all say will fit. I asked them about off set, I was told it is .5, not zero. Will that still work for me?

Comment

anyone can confirm the slight diff in offset won't be an issue?

Comment

Finally got some new steel rims on the car. Actually kinda gives the car a grungy in a good way look, as much as you can for this type of car.
              Search for decent spoke hub caps up next.
              Will clean up the spoke rims and try to sell them.

Comment

My new rims

I know some of you think I am crazy to get rid of my spoke rims but here finally got the steel rims on. Won't be the final product but I think it looks cool, gives the car a gritty look, a little rat rod, which one really can't do to these cars.
                Looks like I will be going through the carb sooner or later to redo some gaskets. i have to weezing of gas last night. I snuggled down some screws and today after a long ride to work it was dry but it needs it nonetheless. I had a 65 bird once, had to do the same for it.
                This is the downside to starting to drive an old car that has sat a lot. Stuff starts failing.

Comment

whoops can't post pic till tonight when I have access to my server.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎