• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • p38fighter
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 14 2016

CRAP Alternator bracket fitment problem

59 convertible

I have contacted CRAP but no reply as yet.

I have about an 1/8 inch fitment issue. The spacer block is hitting an engine block boss before it reaches the end of its slot.

Is there enough meat here to radius the bolt boss to achieve fitment? Opinions please and thank you...
    Attached Files
  • DKheld
    Super-Experienced
    • Aug 27 2008

At one time I tried one of the "universal" conversion brackets.
    Probably said "CRAP" a few times.

Alt hit the block one direction and the A Arm the other direction with very little adjustment in-between - not enough adjustment to get a belt on and then be able to tighten it.

Bottom line - it positioned the Alt too low so if that CRAP bracket wont work the "universal" isn't a good option either - at least I didn't find I could make it work with the Alt shown (just FYI).

Let us know what your hear from CRAP.

Comment

• p38fighter
      Super-Experienced
      • Oct 14 2016

CRAP alt bracket fitment resolved

59 convertible

Larry at CRAP responded promptly to my email. He requested a photo and from that determined that the wrong kit had been sent . New parts were received within 48 hours and a refund issued for the difference. New parts fit properly.

Very satisfactory outcome dealing with Larry.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Chris always happy to see that our vendors still believe in the art of " Customer Service " Good stuff.
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• lake bird
          • Jan 8 2013

CRAP alt bracket

I also used the(120.00) crap alternator bracket for the 60 352 fe block
          I went with a 3 wire 3G alternator (60.00), due to it size had to (weld ) add 1 1/2" to the swing arm.....like suggested in other alternator upgrades... also placed a fuse block when the regulator was for the horn relay feed, folded all the old unused wiring back into the harness run across the frame.

Lake bird/Rockwall,Tx

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎