X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RustyNCa
    Super-Experienced
    • May 31 2007

Ummmm, WOW

That is to cool of a car. That is an interesting engine bay to look at. How the exhaust is routed, looks like there are two sets of heater hoses?

Those are some interesting valve covers. And what is the contraption on the passenger side fender-well?

What is the small box that looks newer up on the heater box on the firewall? Maybe it's just the photos but it looks more recent than 56?

Absolutely gorgeous car.

Cheers
    RustyNCA

Comment

Thanks Guys
      Bryan
      There is a fan motor on both sides of the car
      The valve covers are Mark II only covers
      The box on the fuse box is a battery tender

Richard

Comment

The fresh air ...

set up is cool. Great car. Mike

Comment

• Dan Leavens
          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Richard don't worry they WILL become huge collector cars very soon as was stated there were about 3000 made and less in the 57 model year. Ford marketed and sold the 56 / 57 for roughly $10K which in the day, was more than an avergae house cost Ford also lost ( approximately so they say ) $1000 a car coming off the production line as they were adamant to compete with the Cadillac and for those of you older than 62, the DODGE DESOTO as top end luxury cars. I too have marvelled at the lines over the years and if the right one came available ( at the right price$$) I might jump in to a nice black one
          Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Thunderbird Registry
          58HT #33317
          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

That's right Dan a little over 3000 in total were built for '56 and '57, included in that number is the 444 that were built in '57. At twice the price of a Cadillac in '56 it was built to rival a Rolls Royce. It's an absolutely amazing car to drive and has electric everything including the quarter vent windows
            There are these videos on the making of the Mark II

http://www.romanoarchives.tk Rarely seen 1955 Ford-Lincoln color film.Part 1 of 2Encoded by ROMANO-ARCHIVES"SUBSCRIBING to this Channel is a MUST for researc...

http://www.romanoarchives.tk Rarely seen 1955 Ford-Lincoln color film.Part 2 of 2Encoded by ROMANO-ARCHIVES"SUBSCRIBING to this Channel is a MUST for researc...

Richard

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Is that for me????

Thanks for posting those video links, Richard! That was fascinating viewing! She sure is a classy car!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
              Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
              https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• simplyconnected
                Administrator
                • May 26 2009

These cars were fitted with POWER DISK BRAKES!!! Two of them had 430 MEL engines fitted in '59. Those two also had ELECTRIC WIPERS!!!

The black one, for Henry II's wife, didn't get an upgrade, but kept the Y-block and vac wipers.
                Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                --Lee Iacocca

Comment

They were Ford family cars WCF's car actually had a 460, the other a 430.
                  Here's a video of the cars in question, I got a little seasick watching it. They all belong to the same collector in Florida

When has anyone seen these historic cars together. They made an appearance at Silver Springs! The first shown, the black car with the canvas top still has ...

Richard

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Is that for me????

Thanks for posting the video clip, Richard! Yup, the guy needs to learn how to shoot good, steady video's. I know what ya mean about nearly getting seasick! But it was great to see the clip of the three Mark II's. Thanks!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• simplyconnected
                      Administrator
                      • May 26 2009

Originally posted by 1960_430_AU
                      They were Ford family cars WCF's car actually had a 460, the other a 430...
                      After careful (but rocky) review of the video, you're right. All three cars had Lincoln 368 Y-block engines originally. The center green car was converted to a MEL 430 and the blue car was fitted with a 460.

The 430 is almost as pretty as Howard Prout's, with all that chrome. Howard's Thunderbird has more chrome. - Dave
                      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Richard thanks for the links, as they were fantastic to watch. Now you have done it, I have to pursue my search to actually see one. I know of a guy in Lethbridge, Alberta south of us that has over 20 Lincolns and apparently he has a 57 When the weather breaks I will call him and head down.
                        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                        Thunderbird Registry
                        58HT #33317
                        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Jimz Bird
                          Experienced
                          • Feb 3 2011

Here ya go guys!

"You Pays your Money and you takes your choice"

eBay Motors makes it easy to find parts for cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles & more. We even offer a massive selection of new & pre-owned classics, hot rods, exotics, vans, ATVs, RVs, boats and more at eBay Motors. Shop for your next vehicle, or start selling in a marketplace with 171 million buyers.
                          Jim
                          Jimz Greenie with a White Hat and Brown Guts (ZE-XG)
                          sigpic

CLICK HERE for Jimz web site

Comment

• Penelope
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Mar 4 2008

My word, they are some car... I have never paid a great deal of attention to them until Richard's purchase.
                            sigpicBill
                            Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

Dan if you have the chance to visit a LCOC show you may (or may not) see one there. The Mark II forum has a few Canadian members.
                              Bill if you head east and want to have a look let me know

Richard

Comment

• Penelope
                                Super-Experienced
                                • Mar 4 2008

Originally posted by 1960_430_AU
                                Bill if you head east and want to have a look let me know

Richard
                                Was over your way last week, will be again soon to watch my favourite team in action....the mighty Adelaide Crows. I will definately give you a message next time.
                                sigpicBill
                                Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎