• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DKheld
    Super-Experienced
    • Aug 27 2008

Nobody drives a classic any more

At least that's how it seems.

One of my favorite breakfast spots is about 40 min from the house (and about 2000 feet higher). Decided to make the trip in the Tbird this morning. Didn't see another classic car the whole trip up or back or out to supper this evening.

What's-a-matter with the folks around this place????????

The trip up the mountain....

That's the road slicing across the terrain in the distance....

Sure is worth the drive......

Best looking car in the lot.....
  • lexdownunder
    Apprentice
    • Sep 7 2010

Love your comment about "best looking car in the lot" Eric.
    I couldn't agree more!!!
    All these "modern" cars all look the same.....& boring.
    Give me the classic look anytime.

Cheers
    Lex

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Eric I agree with Lex. This drive is fantastic, especially with the elevation and scenery not to mention, time to just cruise with your classic. Good stuff
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• scumdog
        Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

I live on an island with a population of about one million people, my house is on the main highway at the relatively unpopulated south end of the island

On any given day during the week I will see 4 to 8 classic cars drive past, many more on the weekend.

And if there is a car event on I’ll see dozens drive past, ‘56 Chevy, Mustangs, ‘55 Victoria’s and Thunderbirds etc.
        And then there’s the British and Australian cars....
        A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• Deanj
          Super-Experienced
          • Nov 26 2015

First, you're right about new cars. They may run perfectly, but most look like a bean on wheels. I like cars with personality.

I drive my T-Bird and about 2,000 miles a year. The original owners put 1,400 miles a year for 55 years. I was the fool in owning 3 Corvettes that I babied and kept perfect for the next owners. And for what?

All I know is that the ladies always make it a point to say how much the love this car. It's functional, and I never see another like it. Not even a large annual city classic car show had one Squarebird, 56, 57, 65 and 66, but not one Squarebird.

Dean

Comment

• SouthernGorilla
            Apprentice
            • Feb 27 2019

We're definitely building our Bird to drive it. It won't be a daily driver but it will be driven.

I don't know if it qualifies as "classic", but I also have a 1980 280ZX that I was trying to sell to make room for the Bird but am now contemplating keeping to turn it into my daily.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎