X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MagicMan
    • Sep 28 2015

59 Suspension Restoration Question

Hey guys,

Been awhile since I visited here, I wanted to know the best budget on a full suspension rebuild for my 59. I am in Colorado so if you guys know anybody around here that can set me right it would be much appreciated.

My goal would be to go stock but would like to fit 15-17" max inch wheels if possible, thanks again fellas.

Merlin
  • StealthSRT10
    Experienced
    • Jun 7 2017

I mean i looked at the air ride for some time and still might go that route. I replaced my rear leafs with some new ones from larrystbird but it didnt do what i was hoping. There is a guy down the street from me that had his made at a shop and they are thicker leafs and i would go that route if i could do it again. As far as the rest of the compontents there is a kit on amazon for $240.

1959 Thunderbird 397ci
    Cruise-O-Matic
    Flamingo Pink.
    Thunderbird Registry #8442
    Daily driver

Comment

• StealthSRT10
      Experienced
      • Jun 7 2017

As far as rims go the issue is your offset. Most wheels have a large offset. You will need something with no offset so the rim doesnt hit the control arm.
      1959 Thunderbird 397ci
      Cruise-O-Matic
      Flamingo Pink.
      Thunderbird Registry #8442
      Daily driver

Comment

• MagicMan
        • Sep 28 2015

Thanks guys, I have my eyes on some 15" wheels on fleabay. Plus I also found a company "Jamco" that makes suspension components for my 59 a full kit runs about $1,000 but it does not include bushings etc.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎