X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Sandra ~ sondra d's '60 Golde Top!

Here are a couple of pix of Sandra's beautiful looking Red/White '60 Golde Top! I found them on Randy's post. Since they live in the same city, they must have bumped into each other, perhaps at the gas station where these were taken at... I am hoping we will hear more about her gorgeous looking Golde Top from her!
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Sandra sent me a link to more pix of her beautiful Red/White '60 Golde Top, that has been customized a bit. It looks great with the white top and the white spear. I also see that it has the external chrome kit on it, chromed air scoop, chromed headlight covers, chromed curved tail fin endings and curved "eyebrows" over the tail lights, like my '59 Tbird. I see she has AC, which is great. Also that it has speakers on the kick panels. Here are the pix for you to ogle!
    Attached Files

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

I just had a very enjoyable phone call from Sandra! She said that, I gather, she ran into Randy while she was gassing up and he went by and stopped. They talked about her Tbird, and he told her about the Forum, and here she is! She said she has owned the Golde Top for over 10 years now and it has been well maintained by local auto shops in her areas. It runs very well, has no rust issues, and certainly draws a lot of attention whenever she has it out. She said that Rude Grl, which is what she named her, IS listed in the Tbird Registry and she will get me the information on it. She is the third owner of her. She also gave me permission to post another pic, which I thought might be of her, but she laughed and said that was her daughter and it was okay to post it. So I will!

Sandra just sent me the VIN # 0Y71Y111590 on her Tbird. I checked the Tbird Registry and it is RN#1516. The listing is outdated, and not totally complete. It says it is a Paint Code J, Monte Carlo Red color with a Trim Code 52=Drk Blue/Lght Blue Interior. That has to be a typo made by the original PO and she will check her Data Plate when she can. It should be Trim Code 55, Red & White interior I would think. It appears that it was built on Saturday, November 7th, 1959 according to the 1960 Production Build list. The Date, Trans (it has a newly rebuilt COM) and Axle figures are not listed, but she can update that later, along with a current pic of her Tbird.

BTW, it is now for sale and has been listed in the For Sale / Parts Wanted Forum!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by YellowRose; October 13, 2018, 10:18 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Thanks to the Tbird Registry, we have been able to fill in the history of Sandra's gorgeous 1960 Golde Top Squarebird! It turns out that John Rotella and Dick Rozum are good friends of many years. So thanks to what Dick posted in past years, and what Sandra told me this morning, we have pieced together the history for both Dick and his Aunt Virginia. Also, we were able to clear up that typo about the Trim Code 52.. It is Trim Code 55, Date 10L, Trans 4-COM, Axle 3=3.1, from right off the Data Plate. Here is the rest of the story of the history of her Tbird, which is still listed for sale in the For Sale Forum, BTW...

Codes: 63A-J-55-10L-4-3
        Engine: 352 V-8
        Plant: Wixom
        Owner: Sandra Dias
        Finder: Dick Rozum
        Comments: This is a 1960 Thunderbird Hardtop with Sliding Sun Roof. This Thunderbird is Monte Carlo Red. It was sold new by the Rozum Motor Company of Mitchell, South Dakota. Prior to its sale, it was the "demo" car for the personal use of Mrs. Virginia D. Rozum, wife of one of the two brothers who owned Rozum's in 1960. This car's dealer stock card was part of a package of over 200 hundred Data sheets donated by Dick Rozum who is one of the owners of Rozum's today. (As a personal note, Dick Rozum just happens to be a close personal friend of John Rotella, of the Tbird Registry!). Virginia D. Rozum is Dick's aunt, and she still lives in Mitchel. (She, I am told was very pleased to know that her Tbird was alive and well and being given tender love and care of by Sandra Dias for over 10+ years!). In 1990, it was documented by the Vintage Thunderbird Club International as being owned by Lloyd Helwig of Lodi, California. The last statement entered in 11/2/2002 is this.. It is believed that this Thunderbird still exists. If you have information about this car please write to the Registry. UPDATE October 23, 2018...Ray Clark reports that he recently found that it has been owned by Sandra Diaz, of Fallbrook, California, a Squarebirds.org Forum member. She has owned it for 10+ years. She has confirmed to me this morning by text message that she DID buy the Golde Top from Lloyd Helwig, of Lodi, California. The "Rude Girl" as she has named her, has quite a history and is pleased that I was able to find her history, where she lived in the first few years of her life, and her "parents"! As noted, the "Rude Girl" is for Sale and Sandra hopes she can find a buyer who will continue to give her "Rude Girl" the love and care she deserves.

Comment

• Randy
          Experienced
          • Dec 21 2015

I remember that day, I saw her (the Bird) in the corner of my eye gave myself whiplash and made a u turn all at the same time, I rolled up got out and was admiring the art, the owner was putting fuel in I ask if i could capture the art.
          while i was doing that i said "she had a very nice Golde " that surprised her she said not to many people know that,
          that when I told her everything i know got from my schooling here and being a Square.
          "You're never too old to become younger".! (M. West)
          Randy's Save the Bird Foundation in Beautiful Fallbrook, California

!.This is the Greatest Square on Earth.!

Comment

• tbird430
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 18 2007

A sunroof Bird & A/C option..... NICE!!

-Jon in TX.
            sigpic
            The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎