No announcement yet.

59 T-Bird convertible

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

59 T-Bird convertible

This is a friend of mine, and i was asked to finish this nice car off, to total restore. Has a new paint job, inside and out. Someone did a real nice job on it. Everything and everywhere was prepped and painted again.

And this 1958 Edsel is next. Beautiful paint and interior and that monster 430 engine. Some one told me it has 475 ft lb or torque. Is that correct? I am starting my DD on these cars and learn all I can ....

And OT but this is what I drive to maintain my sanity in this crazy ol world. I am pushing 140 hp at the crank. A real blast to ride.

Suzuki M109R

Hey Rick,
    Can you get a close up picture of the dash in the center with AC vents? I was wondering what was under them!
    Richard D. Hord

Comment

• villain
      Apprentice
      • Jan 23 2011

Awesome!
      I'll be anxious to see what you do on finishing off that restoration as well as what you do to that 430 motor...I think I read 490 ft lb on the 430 in the tbird? Not sure, but was just looking at some power options for it too and it sure seems like it can be a beast. I'm looking forward to putting down some pretty serious power with that thing I think.
      -- D_Villain
      - 1960 Thunderbird J-code Golde (Registry #1560)

Comment

Originally posted by Richard D. Hord
        Hey Rick,
        Can you get a close up picture of the dash in the center with AC vents? I was wondering what was under them!
        Richard D. Hord
        I sure will Richard, I think my friend is coming up tomorrow and I will be going over to start on the bird!! Will post when I get them.

Comment

Originally posted by villain
          Awesome!
          I'll be anxious to see what you do on finishing off that restoration as well as what you do to that 430 motor...I think I read 490 ft lb on the 430 in the tbird? Not sure, but was just looking at some power options for it too and it sure seems like it can be a beast. I'm looking forward to putting down some pretty serious power with that thing I think.
          That 430 in the Edsel has been sitting. I had it running last week, but, engine has some blowby and the converter seal on the tranny is leaking pretty good. Looks like a total reseal of things and will do a good motor flush and a few miles on the freeway and see how the engine ends up LOL, Sounds good running though. After all that time sitting in a barn.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎