This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default New Vehicle Inspection Sheets

For the last few days, I have been working on a Vehicle Inspection List, as has some of our members. I want to thank Ron of Chicago for providing me with a ton of information regarding vehicle inspections. I also want to thank Carl ~ partsetal for his input also. Keith is working up things to look for when checking out the body and underside. When we get finished, you should have a detailed check list to run down while looking at a prospective Tbird to buy. Either before you go look at it, or while you are looking at it.

There is also a Vehicle Quick Check sheet Ron sent me that just shows areas to check. It is already up on the Technical Resource Library, down at the bottom of it. It will be easy to find down there. You will need Microsoft Excel to view it. For those who might not have it, I put it on as a .jpg file. If you need it larger, click on the form once and it should zoom to a larger size. At least it does for me. Then print it out.

The detailed Vehicle Inspection Check List is 9 pages long, broken down in sections with detailed information as to what to look for in each section. When Keith completes his information and provides it to me, I will probably have a separate section for the Body with pictures. Marcelo said I could use his as examples of what to look for, and I think Keith will have some also. It is very important that you check out the underside of the car. Marcelo can tell you how important that is! I am working on figuring out how best to put this on the Forum for you to print out. I will let you know when it is up.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Last edited by YellowRose : 02-29-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:08 PM
Super-Experienced

dgs is on a distinguished road

I'd make PDF files out of each, instead of JPG. Easier to print.

Sounds great, I'll print one and then use it on my car to see if I would have bought it, LOL.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:08 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, Doug. I just changed the jpg to a pdf file. Maybe that will be better. It is also there as an Excel file too. I still have work to do on the big detailed version though. That is already 9 pages long, but, it pretty well covers about everything someone should look for when inspecting a used car, especially like our old classics.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 03-01-2012, 01:27 AM

I just completed the new Detailed Vehicle Inspection Sheet, all 11 pages of it so far. It is posted, along with the Quick Check List, at the bottom of the Technical Resource Library. The Detailed Sheet is in Word. So if you click on it, it should come up and allow you to bring it up in Word. It does for me. Then you can either Open it or Save it. If you open it, you will be able to read all 11 sheets and print them off. Or you can do a Save to your PC and print them off from there. Thanks again to those who helped put this together. When Keith finishes the section on the Body, I will either add it to the present sheet or create a new one dedicated just to body problems and pictures of what to look out for. Let me know what you think of this, please. It is there for prospective new Forum users, new users, old ones, anyone who is thinking of buying a Tbird. Hopefully, it will help you make good decisions as to whether or not you should buy that Tbird you are looking at.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 03-04-2012, 03:19 AM

The new Detailed Vehicle Inspection Sheets have been completed with the addition of information and pictures provided by Keith and Marcelo regarding rust issues and where to check for them. Thanks also to Carl ~ partsetal for his input and others also. The listing is now 19 pages, so if you want to check it out, go to the bottom of the Technical Resource Library and bring it up in Word. You can print it out, if you wish, for future use. I hope this will be very beneficial to anyone who is in search of a Tbird, regardless of year.

"It's Hip To Be Square"