This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:49 PM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

Mike - finally had time to get the measurements.

Fairly tight in there with the evap in place so they may not be exact. Can barely see the pivot point at the bottom of the bracket but that's were the lower line is pointing - darn wiper bag fluid hose was in the way and I didn't realize it. Bottom hole is pivot, middle is flat pedal rod and top is booster rod.

The measurement from the top of the flat pedal rod to the top edge of the back of the booster bracket closest to the firewall is 3 inches but the flat pedal rod drops about 1 1/4 inches from it's connection point in the center of the bracket to where it goes through the firewall.

Here's how mine looks finished. Held up for 10+ years so guess it's good enough. (here's where I just stuck my ruler in that opening and let it rest on the top edge of the pedal rod in front of the rubber seal - measuring to the top edge of the back of the booster bracket so pretty sure I was on the low part of the pedal rod not the tip edge where it is connected - hope that makes sense).

Also you can see on the edges of the evap box one screw tab and one clip that holds the two halves together - those were pretty fragile. If any of the clips are missing or damaged I don't know where you would find any (which is why I had to basically glue mine together with silicone). There is also a rubber seal at the hoses that I had to clean and reinforce with black silicone. On the rubber drain tubes at the bottom of the evap box I just installed some plumbing fixtures and will add a length of hose with a copper pipe at the end flattened so that water can drip out but no bugs or bees will try to make a nest in the round hole (mostly the dirt or mud dobbers around here).

Saw this - not very close but maybe he would have something cheap that would make it worth the shipping charges. In images 10 and 11 of 14 it looks like the booster bracket is still on the firewall but the booster has been removed. Don't know the seller but just thought I would pass along the info.

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/pts...643034977.html

Eric
Old 08-24-2018, 03:25 PM
Apprentice

Brushwolf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKheld View Post
Mike - finally had time to get the measurements.

Fairly tight in there with the evap in place so they may not be exact. Can barely see the pivot point at the bottom of the bracket but that's were the lower line is pointing - darn wiper bag fluid hose was in the way and I didn't realize it. Bottom hole is pivot, middle is flat pedal rod and top is booster rod.

The measurement from the top of the flat pedal rod to the top edge of the back of the booster bracket closest to the firewall is 3 inches but the flat pedal rod drops about 1 1/4 inches from it's connection point in the center of the bracket to where it goes through the firewall.

Here's how mine looks finished. Held up for 10+ years so guess it's good enough. (here's where I just stuck my ruler in that opening and let it rest on the top edge of the pedal rod in front of the rubber seal - measuring to the top edge of the back of the booster bracket so pretty sure I was on the low part of the pedal rod not the tip edge where it is connected - hope that makes sense).

Also you can see on the edges of the evap box one screw tab and one clip that holds the two halves together - those were pretty fragile. If any of the clips are missing or damaged I don't know where you would find any (which is why I had to basically glue mine together with silicone). There is also a rubber seal at the hoses that I had to clean and reinforce with black silicone. On the rubber drain tubes at the bottom of the evap box I just installed some plumbing fixtures and will add a length of hose with a copper pipe at the end flattened so that water can drip out but no bugs or bees will try to make a nest in the round hole (mostly the dirt or mud dobbers around here).

Saw this - not very close but maybe he would have something cheap that would make it worth the shipping charges. In images 10 and 11 of 14 it looks like the booster bracket is still on the firewall but the booster has been removed. Don't know the seller but just thought I would pass along the info.

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/pts...643034977.html

Eric
Thanks for pics and measurements. I sent the TN guy an email, so will see what he says...

Thanks, Mike
Old 08-24-2018, 04:01 PM
Apprentice

Brushwolf is on a distinguished road

Measured the aftermarket pivot bracket here and looks like it is a little shorter than yours.

Distance between center of top pivot point and center of bottom pivot point center is 4.5" on yours, 3.56" on mine. Looking from the side, almost an inch shorter.

Distance between center pivot point and center of bottom pivot point on yours is 1.75" (4.5-2.75) and mine is 1.5".

Still might work though slightly less mechanical advantage than yours. But, if I use a dual diaphragm booster it may not need as much mechanical advantage as yours with single booster. Hate to cut it up to find out though... Has new booster and MC attached to it.

Yeah, I figured I will probably have to modify the pedal rod with further offset like you did but that's probably the easy part.

Thanks, Mike