Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warmblood58
    • Jan 24 2017

Removing Rear Seat on the '64 Convertible

Anything I need to know in advance of removing rear seat on a '64 convertible? Simple? Hidden screws anywhere? Thank you!
  • Yadkin
    Banned
    • Aug 11 2012

Probably the same as the hardtop. Remove the side arm rests (two screws hidden behind plastic plugs). Remove the bench by pushing the bottom towards the trunk then pulling up. As I recall each upper half is fastened by two large sheet metal screws on the lower frame, hinged at the top. Then the center arm rests.

Comment

• jopizz
      Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

The bottom of the seat just pulls out. The seat backs are held in place by bolts. It helps if you can remove the rear arm rests. I suggest that you invest in a shop manual. You can download one for less than $20 from various web sites.

John
      John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
      jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• warmblood58
        • Jan 24 2017

Thanks, figured it out - very easy-, now back to that convertible top issue!

Comment

• OUR5T8BIRD
          Experienced
          • Mar 1 2017

Originally posted by warmblood58
          Thanks, figured it out - very easy-, now back to that convertible top issue!
          Be sure to check the back of the seat bottom and the backs of the other two sections for the ROT sheet tucked into the springs .

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎