X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Leather Seat Treatment

Lee ~ T-Bi-Lee, in Switzerland just joined us this morning and in email said that he wanted to know what to use to treat his seats to keep them from tearing at the cracks. I suggested Amorall. If ya'll have any ideas regarding a really good product that might be really good to use, please post it here. Keep in mind he is located in Switzerland.. Here is a picture of his beautiful '64 Hardtop and his seats.
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Yadkin
    Banned
    • Aug 11 2012

I would not use traditional armor all, which is a silicone based product. There are dozens of great products out there- I'm sure available in Europe- that use lanolin and other natural oils that would work far better.

Comment

• newyear
      Experienced
      • Jan 4 2005

Leather treatment

I have used this leather balsam on various items. Seems to make the leather more supple so may help to prevent tearing....pleasant aroma also.Available from Amazon UK.Key ingredients are beeswax and lanolin.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NAF-Sheer-L...leather+balsam
      Attached Files

Comment

• Joe Johnston
        Super-Experienced
        • Dec 23 2008

Whatever quality leather products used in his country should be no problem for a Thunderbird. Certainly won't make them like new, but will clean and soften and look better.

Comment

• T-Bi-Lee
          • Jul 6 2016

Morning folks (thanks Ray for the post) I had more somme long forgotten Apache Indian secret in mind ... :-). Thanks for the tipp: NAF Sheer Luxe Leather Balsam.

Comment

• Yadkin
            Banned
            • Aug 11 2012

Try to find a product line that also has a cleaner. Clean first, then treat. Use a horse hair brush (available at fine shoe stores) to massage the cleaner deep into the grain.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
              Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

I agree with Steve in clean first process and then add treatment. If leather seats then Lanolin products work great.

Try to find a product line that also has a cleaner. Clean first, then treat. Use a horse hair brush (available at fine shoe stores) to massage the cleaner deep into the grain.
              Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
              Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Sjp3003
                Apprentice
                • Jul 17 2016

A great product specifically developed for the restoration and care of classic leather (and maintenance of newer leathers) is leatherique.

"leather care", "leather Restoraion", "leather dye", "Leather Preservation", "leather", "Leather Cleaning"

I use it on my newer cars and have used it on older cars in the past.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎