Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shelby1962
    • Oct 20 2018

Parts and pictures needed for a ‘69 Landau

I just acquired a ‘69 with 33,000miles, but it had sat for 25 years. A few pieces were “borrowed” from it at the estate where it sat. It has a 429 with air conditioning.
    I need the following
    * power steering pump with brackets or pictures to help in the search for the correct one.
    * knob and retaining nut for the headlight switch
    * 1 upper control arm adjustment bolt and the flat nut.
    * Power seat switch for a bucket seat
    * the check valve “t” assembly for the headlight doors that is in the driverside inner fender
    * corner molding on the drivers side left rear quarter. About 8” long and accents the tail light.
    * check valve for the power booster, dual port. The new one I ordered is too large in diameter for the grommet. Booster may have been changed at some point.
    Any help or direction would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Jim, Macs Auto Parts is right in your back yard, on the north side of Buffalo. They have most of what you need, like the seat switch, booster check valve, etc.

I don't know which upper control arm bolt & nut you need. They have the pivot shafts and bushings. Check them out. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Shelby1962
      • Oct 20 2018

Dave-I checked Macs site and They do not have any of the parts I am missing.
      The control arm bolt and nut I need is for the upper control arm where it bolts to the frame. There are two on each side that go into the slot on the frame for adjustinging the caster camber.
      Thanks

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

373518-s2 is a 1/2"-13 by 2-1/4" serrated bolt.
        I would use a grade-8 1/2"-13 X 2-1/4" hex-head cap screw with a serrated washer. OR, this company makes them. Call and find out how to get just four. Hardened nuts are easy to find.

I already gave you the link for your seat switch.

Sometimes you need to call Mac's. Not everything is on their website. - Dave
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• jopizz
          Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Originally posted by simplyconnected
          I already gave you the link for your seat switch.
          Those seat switches will not fit his '69. Unfortunately the Thunderbird vendors have little to nothing for the '67-'69 Thunderbirds. If it cross references to a more popular model like Mustang then they might have it. Otherwise NOS or used parts are the only option.

John
          John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
          jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• jopizz
            Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

When was your car built? There are two different switches listed; an early and late production. It appears to be the same as a Lincoln. If so I may have one. Is it a 6-way power seat? You should be able to tell by the plug.

John
            John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
            jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

• Shelby1962
              • Oct 20 2018

John- the data plate is stamped 22D so I assume that is April 22nd. The car did not come with th eseat switch so I don’t know if it is a six way bucket.
              Trying to add a picture of the plug and opening in the seat for the switch but can’t figure out how to do it.

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Parts and pictures needed for a ‘69 Landau

Jim, please read the Welcome that was posted to you in the New Members Welcoming Forum. It explains how you can post pix on this Forum and what size to make them. You can send them to jopizz, or me and we can post them for you. Or you can use a free photo hosting website, or become a Paid Member and post them directly onto our server... Your choice...

http://www.squarebirds.org/vbulletin...ad.php?t=23455

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎