No announcement yet.

My 62 T-Bird

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 62 T-Bird

Here's my 62 T-Bird Hardtop. As of right not it's not beautiful yet, but it will be soon! I bought this Bird a few months ago for $1,600. It was running rough, motor had oil leaks, and the compression was weak. Tranny was shifting hard, leaks, etc. So I bought a brand new rebuilt 390 and got the transmission rebuilt as well. So really all that there is left is cosmetics(As if it's easy), paint, interior, etc. Gonna take it to a paint shop next week to get a quote, then strip it down to nothing! It's gonna take a bit, but I can't wait to til it's done!!!

Pictures of it when I first bought it(Driver side had primer removed)

Picture of the Bird with no motor(I should of taken pictures before I pulled the motor out, sorry)

Now pictures of the new 390

Again, it's not pretty, but it will be! Lol, gonna need all the help I can get with this one!
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Looks like you're doing a great job, Paolo. This car will look great when you're done. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Originally posted by simplyconnected
      Looks like you're doing a great job, Paolo. This car will look great when you're done. - Dave
      Thanks! Got a minor(hopefully) setback today. Transmission won't go into gear for some reason, drive or reverse. Can't figure out whats wrong with it. So the guy that rebuilt it is gonna pick it up sometime next week.... So much for taking it to the paint shop.... Motor runs great though!

Comment

• tbird430
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 18 2007

But the "7210" shift lever moves up & down (on the column)??

sigpic
        The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Originally posted by tbird430
          But the "7210" shift lever moves up & down (on the column)??
          Yeah it move's up and down

Comment

• jopizz
            Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Did you make sure that the vacuum line was connected to the shift modulator.
            Last edited by jopizz; June 11, 2011, 02:56 PM.
            John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
            jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

So the guy that rebuilt my transmission said that the front pump is bad and that the pressure regulator assembly needs to be replaced as well. I've been looking everywhere and I can't seem to find anything.... Anyone know where I can find these parts. I've called junk yards, look at thunderbird parts websites, nothin....

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎