X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Thunderbird & Big Fords Picture Gallery

After discussion with our webmaster, Dave ~ simplyconnected, it was decided to create a new sub-forum for this subject. So here it is!

Cathie ~ coral provided a list of Picture Gallery software that we might want to use to manage our Thunderbird and Big Ford pictures with. I chose one that is Windows and Mac OS X capable and have used it. After talking it over, Dave suggested we run the gallery on the server, inside the Forum. I thought that was a good idea.

Dave provided space on our Squarebirds server to set up and upload the pix to. I have been working on that for the past several days. He introduced me to FileZilla, a neat and simple FTP process. I have been using it and like it a lot. So far, I have the Original, Modified & Customized 1958-1966 and Big Ford galleries set up. I am working on the Interiors gallery now.

I had some conversations with administrators regarding what constitutes an original car. For the purposes of this gallery, if a car looks original on the outside, I am considering it to be an Original car. If it has KH rims, non-original wheel covers, a spotlight/mirror, continental kit, or a tonneau cover, or other exterior modifications taking it out of the original status, I am considering it to be Modified. I am accepting cars with left and right mirrors as Original. I know of several Original cars that are still original today, that have both mirrors on them. One is Greg Prince's '60 Squarebird, about as original car as you can get.

You can access the gallery by clicking on the link below and selecting the Class and Year you wish to browse through. You can click on the thumbnail pix to make them bigger and advance the gallery by either clicking on the picture or the arrows above it. Please let me know what you think of this set up. I have made this a sticky thread so you can always find it at the top of the Forum.

Here is the link to the gallery.

Last edited by YellowRose; July 23, 2010, 12:42 PM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Check Out Custom '62 Bulletbird!

Go to the link cited in the initial post below, click on Custom 1962 and see if this customized Tbird blows your mind!
    Last edited by YellowRose; July 23, 2010, 02:06 PM.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• Anders
      Super-Experienced
      • Jan 19 2008

It does!
      Totally awesome!
      sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Yup, Anders, it blew me away also to see a Hatchback Bulletbird! I am nearly finished construction the picture gallery. I just put what I had in the way of engines in. Next I will work on Trunks, but I am headed for a snooze for awhile! I could use more engine and trunk pix, and pix for any year that does not have any pix in them. So fire away at me and send me some pix. I have about run out of what I have! I hope you will enjoy what I have put together!
        Last edited by YellowRose; July 25, 2010, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Thunderbirds & Big Fords Picture Gallery

I need some HELP! I have pretty well flushed out the Tbirds & Big Fords Picture Gallery, as you can see if you have visited it. I am lacking some, to a lot, of pix in various categories. Here is what I need more of from ya.

Original Interior '58 pix
          Modified Interior '58 pix
          Customized Interior '58 pix

Modified '59 Car pix
          Original Interior '59 pix
          Modified Interior '59 pix
          Customized Interior '59 pix

Modified Interior '60 pix
          Customized Interior '60 pix

Original '61thru '66 Car pix
          Modified '61 thru '66 Car pix
          Customized '61 thru '66 Car pix
          Original Interior '61 thru '66 pix
          Modified Interior '61 thru '66 pix
          Customized Interior '61 thru '66 pix

Original Trunk pix '58 thru '66 pix
          Modified Trunk pix '58 thru '66 pix
          Customized Trunk pix '58 thru '66 pix

Power Train - Engines - Trannys - Rear End '58 thru '66 pix

Specific Engine pix
          '58-'59 332 Export
          '58-'59 352 Export
          '59-'60 430MEL
          '60 352 Interceptor Export
          '60 352 Special
          '61-'66 390 Export
          '61-'66 Tbird 390 Special
          '62-'63 390 Hi Performance
          '66 Tbird 428

Any Modified engine pix
          Any Customized engine pix
          Any Big Ford engine pix

There is my shopping list! Please email me anything you have and I will add them to the appropriate gallery. Thanks!

Comment

• Dan Leavens
            Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Ray was just surfing on your requests for pixs. Do you still have the e-mail that I ( Marg ) sent on the write up of our 58 in The Calgary Herald?? If so, there are some inside shots of the interior of Maggie that you can use.
            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
            Thunderbird Registry
            58HT #33317
            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• RustyNCa
              Super-Experienced
              • May 31 2007

Photo Request

Ray, how many to you want? I could send you photos I have of the inside, underside and engine bay of our 65 Special.

Cheers
              RustyNCA

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Rusty, pick out your best pix and send them to me in email. Depending on how many you have, you might have to put them in more than one email, but I will go through them and put them to good use. Thanks!

Comment

• John Moyer
                  • Mar 16 2023

Hay, John Moyer here. Is there still interest in Photos of an 58 convertible? She was my high school car 1974-76. I have almost 50 years of photos, inside and out. Road trips and repairs. What kind of pictures do you suggest I start with? Unique to 58 parts? Or a walk around from all angles? I'm pretty good with digital images, What format and size works best for you? I just tried to attach a photo as an example but I don't understand your upload?????
                  Please explain what works best. Tb reg. 4202
                  Enjoying my 58 since 1974.

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi John, As you can see this Sub-Forum has not had a lot of use in recent years. However, yes there is still interest in '58 Convertibles, especially since they are the rarest of all the Squarebirds that were made. 1958 Production was delayed in starting as Ford was finishing up production of the last year of the Babybirds, in 1957. Then, production of the 1958 Convertible was also delayed in getting it out into production. 76A - Convertible 2,134*​ made. It was not introduced until June, 1958!, whereas 1958 Hardtop production had started Production December 20, 1957​ (INTRODUCTION DATE February 13, 1958!) Production Ended September 16, 1958​. Usually, production of a new car starts in September of each year, but not in 1958.

I would suggest a photo size of 1024pixels would be a good size for your photos. A walk around from all angles would be a good start. Pix of the exterior, interior, trunk, engine bay, underside, you name it. As for uploading pix, you being a paid member can do so right on the Forum. I can talk you through that if you will call me. When you go to post, you should see the Camera icon in the upper left of the posting frame. Clicking on that and sliding down to the attachments section should allow you to pick up your pix from your PC and upload them to your post. My phone number is 210-875-1411, so feel free to call me at any time. Ray

Comment

• John Moyer
                      • Mar 16 2023

Moyer's 58 convertible, I hope you enjoy Her. Dad ask me once when I was rebuilding the tray again if I had taken every thing apart on my car. I thought about it and said "Every nut and bolt at least once or twice and some things many times."
                      I’m not rich, I’m not perfect and neither is my car. We’ve always been outcasts. Hot rodders don’t understand why I show up at a show with an old Tbird, until they hear it and notice the 10” fat boys in back. The Tbird clubs hate me for not keeping her stock, she is a rare bird.
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 20 photos.
                      Enjoying my 58 since 1974.

Comment

• YellowRose
                        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi John, Thanks for the great pix! She is a thing of Beauty! As for Tbird Clubs hating you because you did not keep her stock, they should not feel that way about her. If not for you, she could have been a rust bucket years ago, or a parts car or crushed. I will repeat what our Founder, Alexander Sosiak told me years ago when I first joined the Forum. I had asked him what he thought I should do with her, keep her OEM or modernize, perhaps customize her. His response was that I paid the money to buy her and now I could do with her whatever I wanted to to make her even better Tbird. Words to that effect. BTW, I know for a fact that I want to consider your gorgeous 1958 Rare Squarebird Convertible for the 2024 Squarebirds.org Calendar. Except that the pix you posted are only about 700+pixels. I need pix that are high definition, higher resolution, say in the 2000-6000pixel range in the nearly Square frame you have them in. There are two pix that I would like to consider, and they are the 2 attached, especially Pic 23145! If you are interested, either call me or send me larger pix in a PM for me to look at. The 23143 pic does not give me much room under the car for a line of text, but 145 is perfect.
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• mh434
                          Comfortably numb
                          • Jan 10 2017

Well, it’s kept me away from the Squarebird but the Galaxie is now on the road…
                          IMG_0894.jpg IMG_0897.jpg
                          …..must get back on the thunderbird…..
                          Attached Files
                          Jon
                          Deepest Hertfordshire
                          Old enough to know I'm right...
                          1960 Hardtop T'bird
                          1961 Hotchkiss M201

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰