Power Window Relay

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

See if this works..

http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/1y...tml?sort=3&o=0

Yellow and red or brown? That wire, you can see a cut wire that looks like it was black on that spade to a relay? That yellow red or brown wire going into a diff wire with a red crimp on it.

Comment

This one,

Coming out of a harness, don't think from the door, have to look again, red and white, you can see a part of it that is CUT and the other end in into a fuse terminated wire.

I can't see **** up close, even with reader glasses, makes this so much harder to see. ha ha ha

Comment

I tried clicking on the tech library link today, it is not working.

Comment

working now.

Comment

I assume all the other windows wiring comes back into drivers door main switch panel and get their own indvl power from there?

Comment

• simplyconnected
              Administrator
              • May 26 2009

Follow the Ford wiring diagrams and Shop Manual. We now have 50 posts about a topic that is clearly covered in them. If you need clarification on something that is vague or not covered in the books, we're here to help.

I realize that your wiring has been changed. We suggest you bring your car back to 'factory wiring'. Cincinnati is a large city with lots of resources, in case you don't understand 'electrical'.

Our TRL works just fine. We haven't changed it. - Dave
              Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
              --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Got a test light. With ign off, at the relay I get light at the middle post with the two wires connecting together.
                Left black spade no light with ign off, light with it on. The red wire on the right, no light with ign on or off.

Comment

• jopizz
                  Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Originally posted by blue62tbird
                  The red wire on the right, no light with ign on or off.
                  With your wires cut and bypassed going into the door switches testing the relay is useless. It will never work correctly. Fix the cut wiring first, then test the relay.

John
                  Last edited by jopizz; May 24, 2018, 08:51 PM.
                  John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
                  jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Originally posted by simplyconnected
                    Follow the Ford wiring diagrams and Shop Manual. We now have 50 posts about a topic that is clearly covered in them. If you need clarification on something that is vague or not covered in the books, we're here to help.

I realize that your wiring has been changed. We suggest you bring your car back to 'factory wiring'. Cincinnati is a large city with lots of resources, in case you don't understand 'electrical'.

Our TRL works just fine. We haven't changed it. - Dave
                    Sounds like I am being asked to be quiet?

Comment

• YellowRose
                      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Power Window Relay

Tim, you are not being asked to be quiet. You have stated that you do not have a great amount of expertise in troubleshooting and fixing electrical problems, like me. That is not one of my strengths either. The PO seems to have really done a number on the wiring of your Tbird. It is suggested that you contact one of the companies in your city that does a lot of electrical work on classic cars. Someone there should be able to assist you in troubleshooting, and fixing the problems that a PO has caused. They should be able to pinpoint the problem(s) and fix them for you. I commend you for trying, but this sounds to be a bigger problem than expected.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

I am not ready to give up yet. I suspect stuff bypassed is just sitting in the door taped off where they put in the bypass for the windows. Now that I have a new relay I may pop off the door panel and see what is up and try to wire correctly and see what happens.
                        The seat is power, I have the build sheet, don't recall it showing as a option, MAYBE they put that in when the clone of being a roadster was done. It is not working off the relay either, it works rather the key is on or off.
                        But I need to get qa shop manual.

Comment

• YellowRose
                          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Power Window Relay

Tim, one of the first thing you should have bought or got was a Shop Manual for your year of Tbird. If you have not looked in the Technical Resource Library (TRL), do so, please. When in the TRL hit the Ctrl key and the F key (for Find). Type in Shop Manuals and it will take you right to the Shop Manuals we have available, including the 1962 Bulletbird Shop Manual! All you have to do is to download it and print it out....for free... Also, the Wiring Diagrams for all the old Tbirds are in the TRL. Just do a Find on Wiring Diagrams and print out the one for your 1962 Bulletbird.. As for the power seat, you might be right about that. It is good that you have the Build Sheet. Protect it in a document protector. From what you said, a PO was trying to pass this Tbird off as a Sports Roadster, or at least make it look like one....

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• jopizz
                            Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

I've given him the link on multiple occasions where he can download the manuals for his '62 and he completely ignored me.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jopizz
                              I've given him the link on multiple occasions where he can download the manuals for his '62 and he completely ignored me.

John
                              I have looked at stuff at that link several times. As I said yesterday it was down yesterday for little bit. May have been just a few seconds but it was seconds I was trying and got a bad link or the like. I tried later and it was up.
                              I also have said that wiring stuff is greek to me and some of those diagrams are overwhelming to figure out.

Comment

• jopizz
                                Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

The link I gave you was the direct link to the manuals on the internet, not the TRL which also has them. You've posted pictures of the wires that were cut. Put them back together the way they should be even if it's just temporarily to see if the windows work with the new relay and everything connected according to the wiring diagram. I would do that before I removed the door panel.

John

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎