X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scumdog
    Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

'Birds that have flown South:

For those that are really bored here is a list of all Ford Thunderbirds currently road registered in New Zealand, as you can see they're listed by year and it seems that pre 1967 Thunderbirds are the most popular with '64 Flairbirds the most numerous.

I do know of more New Birds than are listed but some have been landed and are yet to be registered

FORD THUNDERBIRD 1955 27
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 1956 26
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 1957 33
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 1958 11
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 1959 28
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 1960 31
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 1961 14
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 1962 44
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 1963 33
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 1964 64
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 1965 55
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 1966 43
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 1967 6
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 1968 8
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 1969 8
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 1971 6
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 1977 9
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 1978 5
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 1979 7
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 1983 7
    FORD THUNDERBIRD 2005 5
    A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Tom I was quite surprised as that is quite a lot of in New Zealand as registered. Is that correct there are 11 - 58's??

By the way happy Fathers Day to all dads and hope you enjoy the day
    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• scumdog
      Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Originally posted by Dan Leavens
      Tom I was quite surprised as that is quite a lot of in New Zealand as registered. Is that correct there are 11 - 58's??

By the way happy Fathers Day to all dads and hope you enjoy the day
      Yes, there must be at least 11 '58 T-birds here - maybe not ALL actually on the road (Some possibly being rebuilt etc) but it means they've arrived in NZ and been registered to be driven on the roads here.

If you ever get to see a video or photographs of the Beach Hop here you constantly see Thunderbirds here and there - Google it and have a look!
      A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• bird 60
        Super-Experienced
        • Mar 18 2009

Hey Tom, that's quite a lot of T. BIRDS. I wonder how many Yank Tanks all in all. I'd like to find out how many we have here in OZ.
        How did you go about it ?
        I could be coming to your side of the woods later on in the year. Been to the North Island 3 times, so now it's time for the South.

Chris....From OZ.

From Tom ~ scumdog!

Hi Chris, I got those figured from a random Kiwi chat thread where some guy seemed to have the relevant figures regarding number of any particular type of car that was currently registered in NZ.

We have buckets of all types of Yank Tanks here, bothe right hand drive ones bought new in NZ (Like our '57 & '58 Fords that you guys never got) plus all the left-hand drive newly imported ones.

As you might already know NZ is fairly easy on allowing classic left-hand drive Yank Tanks being brought it and driven on our roads both stock and modified.

I bought my '66 in Oregon, got it shipped and got it sorted to be registered in NZ.

If I wanted (and I don't!) it would be no problem to fit a supercharged 460 V8, massive wheels and air-bag suspension etc and still keep it road legal with no restrictions.

Keep in contact when coming across the ditch!
        Last edited by YellowRose; June 21, 2016, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

'Birds that have flown South:

I just looked at this thread with great interest... According to my calculator, there are 470 Tbirds of all years in The Land Of The Long White Cloud! Out of those 470, there are only 11 who are listed as Squarebirds users on our Forum. It sounds like an excellent opportunity for those of you in your country to spread the word about our Forum and bring in new Forum users! Perhaps our 11 owners could contact some of the other clubs and car magazines, and tell them that we exist and would love to help them find parts, get their Birds back on the road, if they need that help.... Just saying....

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎