X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuusamon
    Experienced
    • Feb 14 2009

modern Alu intake manifolds

Someday, when I am on a visit in the U.S. and if I come across a good used one I will by a modern intake manifold and maybe a alu water-pump also just because they are lighter and might therefore have better performance and therefore lower gas mileage if driven 'normally' as before.
    But which type of edelbrock? the problem I am seeing is that none of the modern manifolds for the FE have the oil inlet pipe(hole) which means that valve cover(s) have to be adapted or replaced with none original ones.
    Anyone know of older type of alu manifolds which are good and light that will fit the FE and have the oil inlet?

In the mean time the old original manifold can be modified a bit. I came across some information and video to grind the sharp edges away inside the manifold for a better airflow etc. on a FE website. That increases the performance and a better gas mileage also.

Anyone know more about it?
    sigpicGreets,
    Ronald
    Kuusamo
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=1741
  • RustyNCa
    Super-Experienced
    • May 31 2007

I have read that there are some older Edelbrock performers that had the oil inlet on them. I have two of performer intakes and neither have the inlet.

Or you could always try to find one of these intakes, they all have the oil inlet on them....

Beyond that I have nothing helpful for you....

Comment

• kuusamon
      Experienced
      • Feb 14 2009

Thanks,
      I will search for them saw that maybe also an old weiand used to have one.
      Just would feel said to replace the old valve covers with modern ones.
      regards
      Ron
      sigpicGreets,
      Ronald
      Kuusamo
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=1741

Comment

• skcow
        • Oct 9 2011

Intake for fe

Blue Thunder manifolds have a configuration for the oil filler tube and flow extremely well. They're available in either single or dual 4 bbl designs

Comment

The Blue Thunder ...

is a great intake, but I'm not sure it would provide enough hood clearance, and with no other engine modifications i.e. cam, compression, headers, head work, etc. it would never reach it's potential and might even be worse than stock in the lower rpm range. Mike

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎