Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yikes! new square-bird owner with buyer's remorse!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes! new square-bird owner with buyer's remorse!

I just bought a white 1960 hardtop t-bird (red/white interior)--I have wanted an old car forever and thought this one was cute! The guy told me all the parts were there (including the drive train which he pointed out was in the trunk!--that alone should have been my first clue that I was in over my head!!!!) The interior is 75% redone -- the exterior is great with only surface rust, the chrome is all there, it has no radiator and no dash cover and it has a 352 engine??? I need to know if someone can tell me if they know of a person who can give in a quote on what it is going to take to get this car running again. I realize now I'm more than a little over my head and may need to sell it and buy an old car that runs. I live in Orange County, California.

Thanks

Marti
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Yikes! new square-bird owner with buyer's remorse!

Welcome to the board. I know we have a few people in California on this board. Maybe one of these good people can take a look at your car.

Do you have any pictures of the car? Perhaps I can give you an idea of the work involved.

Does the engine run?

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰