X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockAuto
    Apprentice
    • Apr 9 2010

RockAuto-Basic repairs for your vehicle

Here is a list of some basic repairs you can do to better maintain your vehicle:

-Replace the cabin air filer to freshen the air and reduce the burden of your fan motor and A/C. Many vehicles manufactured within the last decade are built with the cabin air filter under the dash.

-Change burned out light bulbs and/or other electrical equipment. The roads are much safer with functioning lights!

-Fix parts on the rear of your vehicle, such as shocks and boots, so your car doesn't struggle with a heavy load.

-Buy a tire pressure gauge and tire tread depth gauge a to keep tires in good condition throughout the year.

You can also consider replacing these other basic parts: oil filter, spark plugs, belts, 02 sensors, fuel pump, water pump, brake pads/shoes, wiper blades, fuel cap, alternator, starter motor, hub assemblies, etc.

If it's time to replace any of these parts for your vehicle, go to the RockAuto.com catalog, locate your vehicle, and type in the parts you're needing to get them ordered!

If you have a question about parts or an order, please visit our FAQ and/or Order Status & Returns page, or send us an email at service@rockauto.com.
    RockAuto Catalog | Promotions & Rebates | Help
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Rock Auto knows better than this because they are in cold Wisconsin. We did all these preventive maintenance tasks two months ago when the weather was tolerable.

You guys in the South or out West, I guess you can work on cars outside just about any time. Here in the North, it's miserable to crawl on a cold wet floor when temps are so low that your hands no longer work because metal tools rob all their heat.

We have a reputation for maintaining our cars, only because we have a small window of time before the Canadian jet stream freezes us out.
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Dave we like to share that Canadian jet stream with our neighbours If we have it then we like to pass it along to you guys.
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

Dano, I love the change in seasons. Once, I was in New Orleans for Christmas. It was 65 degrees F. I looked around the French Quarter and noticed some folks had a small Christmas tree in their window. It was soooo strange to me.

I'm used to a white Christmas and I loved winter sports all my life. As long as I stay ahead of the cold (in terms of outside work) I'm good with snow. I don't mind snowblowing either, as I don't have much to do.

Canadian jet stream, c'mon... I'm a yankee boy, lucky to be born in Chicago and my folks are from the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. I would miss snow if I didn't have it. - Dave
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎