No announcement yet.

Federico's new '60 Bird

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federico's new '60 Bird

Hi all, I want to share some pictures of my new '60 Bird which have not received yet, I think it will be a week more at least but I will try to post some pictures of what I bought and have some questions I hope you can help me with:
    1.- Color B Kingstone Blue Metallic. Is this a common color, does anyone here have pictures of one. The car seems to have been repainted and the clearcoat in trunk, hood and roof is peeling. Any suggestions?
    2.- Trim 72. Cloth vinyl Dk/Lt Blue. Car seems to have Blie/White seats, did they ever come with cloth trim?. Should I assume they have been changed?.
    3.- Is there a way to find out the history on this car, I bought it in Brownsville Texas and tried to find the history though a history check site, no success.

I look forward for your comments and hope the pictures come out alright.
    Attached Files
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Kingston Blue is not a very common color. They did come with cloth inserts in the seats as an option although it wasn't very common. Usually when they wore out they were replaced with vinyl since it was much easier to find. Your seats obviously had the inserts replaced at one time. Did you try the Thunderbird Registry. If it's not listed there it will be difficult to find any history. The gate receipts were not kept by Ford.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

How to register in Registry

I filled all the information required for the registry, included some photos (less than 1,000 Kb, 1Mb?) and when finished tried to register, sends me to an error page. On the other hand, how can I review the registry so I can see if my car is there already?.
      Sorry but I am learning the mechanics of this Forum.

Federico

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

To check if your car is already registered go to the search option and put in your serial number.

John
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

Originally posted by Federico
          I filled all the information required for the registry, included some photos (less than 1,000 Kb, 1Mb?) ...
          Fedrico, please read the HELP DESK regarding your pictures. You can find it in the FORUMS menu or CLICK HERE. Read the posts about photos. - Dave
          Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎