Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Traneman
    • Jul 25 2017

where to buy weather strip and body gaskets

As you know I am getting my Bird repainted. I am in need of all the body gaskets and weather stripping. I have read posts and searched google til I am blue in the face trying to find what I need.

I have read a lot of posts where the weather stripping does not fit properly and a slew of other stories on less then good parts.

Does anyone have of a preferred supplier with a good track record.

Price is not my main concern but finding someone that would have everything I need and good quality is my main goal.

Thank you for any input
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

where to buy weather strip and body gaskets

Hi Frank! All the '55-'57 Tbird parts houses are listed in the Advertisements Forum. They will state that they are only for '55-'57 Tbird parts, so you can tell them from the others. Casco is one that a lot of people order from, but there are a good number to chose from. Hopefully, one of the Little Bird owners, like Joe Johnston, will be along soon. I see you have just become a Paid Member and thank you for that. I will be processing it shortly, and in a few minutes you will see the Member icon by your user id....

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Joe Johnston
      Super-Experienced
      • Dec 23 2008

Ray said it all:

Hi Frank! All the '55-'57 Tbird parts houses are listed in the Advertisements Forum.
      Prices are similar - just have to check availability and shipping charges. Problems are similar across the board as the door seals are often too thick or stiff for easy door closing and may need to be trimmed here and there. Some suppliers offer packages or discounts if the order is over a specified amount.

Comment

• paul274854
        Apprentice
        • Mar 10 2011

Dennis Carpenter is known for good seals and weatherstrip

There is a company named Steele Rubber Products that is supposed to be making quality products. No first hand knowledge.
        Midland Park, NJ
        56 TBird, 54 Ford, 48 Ford,

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎