X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Welcome 1955-'57 Thunderbirds

Squarebirds.org is excited to see you guys, hear your experiences, and help in any way we can. Feel free to jump into any conversation and post often. - Dave Dare
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

• YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome 1955-'57 Thunderbirders

After discussion between our Administrators and Moderators, it was decided to add a Forum for our fellow Little Bird members and other owners. We have about 20 of our members who are also owners of Little Birds. As our Webmaster, Dave Dare ~ simplyconnected said, we do not know why we never had one. We hope that you will make very good use of this Forum. For those of you who want to post pictures on our server, there are a couple of ways to do it. I refer you to our Announcement & Administrative Matters web page at the end of this. You will find information there. For those of you who do not wish to donate to this Forum you can use a free Photo hosting website, like Photobucket, upload your pictures there and post the link on the Pictures Too! Thread in the Little Birds Forum. That will be a thread only for pictures of your beautiful Tbirds. Use other parts of the Little Birds Forum for technical matters. We love seeing pictures, so show us your Little Birds! All new Little Bird members are asked to read and adhere to our Rules of Conduct for this Forum. They also will be found on this link. Welcome aboard and now let's put this Forum to good use!

Thanks to a donor unknown to me, simplyconnected just provided me with information on the Little Bird "Teapot" Carb! I just added a PDF file to the Technical Resource Library! Check them out! The link is always below my signature.

There is one thing I need... For the time being, I am acting as the Moderator of this Forum. I need some of you who are Little Bird owners to step up and replace me as a Moderator for this Forum. You can email me, call me, or send me a Private Message. We really need someone who knows their Little Birds and can do a good job of moderating this Forum.
    Last edited by YellowRose; March 11, 2011, 02:19 AM. Reason: Additional information

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Joe Johnston
      Super-Experienced
      • Dec 23 2008

Awesome!

I feel priveledged to be the first to reply!! Glad you included the Little Birds and I hope others will be joining in - especially owners with other year Thunderbirds!

Looking forward to being here!

J

Comment

• JohnG
        John
        • Jul 28 2003

Welcome, all 55-7 Birders! This is great!

I have been on the Classicbirds mailing list from Yahoo for several years and quickly appreciated what a terrific group of car people you are. There is a deep seated dedication to the cars, helping one another, attention to detail and going the extra yard to do the job right.

There is also strength in numbers. Many of the things we all work on are independent of particular car. Ignitions are ignitions, good chrome plating is that, brakes are brakes and so on.

Finally I nominate Joe Johnston to be Moderator!

best wishes

John
        1958 Hardtop
        #8452 TBird Registry
        http://tbird.info/registry/DataSheet...r~equals~8452)

photo: http://www.squarebirds.org/users/joh...d_June2009.jpg
        history:
        http://www.squarebirds.org/users/johng/OCC.htm

Comment

• Jimz Bird
          Experienced
          • Feb 3 2011

I, for one, think this is a good move.

This is a great bunch of folks and I see some of them on the Y-Block forum also so I know there is a depth of knowledge here that will be beneficial to all.

I am on here every day anyhow so now I can kill "two birds" with one stone.

Thanks to all
          Jim
          Jimz Greenie with a White Hat and Brown Guts (ZE-XG)
          sigpic

CLICK HERE for Jimz web site

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Thanks, Jim! One of the reasons we decided to open a Forum to Little Bird owners is because, after checking, I found we have about 20 Little Bird owners who also own bigger Tbirds. We thought why should our Little Bird owners have to leave our Forum to go to another Forum, when we can cover their interests here. That was a major factor in making the decision to include Little Birds, finally.. We do need a Moderator who knows Little Birds. I do not have that knowledge, never having owned one, but always admiring them. If anyone is interested, please contact me ASAP. First come, first served! We can have more than one for that matter.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• Dan Leavens
              Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

I would like to thank Ray and all for starting up our new babybird forum and hopefully have a moderator soon. Also would encourage that our new babybird members participate in this forum ( and others ) to continue to make this site one of the best on the planet.
              Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
              Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Just in the nick of time! I have been wheelin' and dealin' for a '55. Just about to close the deal on this car I spotted 5 years ago while on a business trip. If everything goes well in the next day or so, I should have it in my driveway by the 14! I will share details and more of my excitement when I have title in hand!

Comment

• YellowRose
                  Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome 1955-'57 Thunderbirders!

I just found out that the donor of the information on the Little Bird "Teapot" carb came from Richard ~ 1960_430_AU, from Down Under! Thank you, Richard. Those of you who own Little Birds, if you have more technical material on restoring them, send it to me and I will start adding it to our Technical Resource Library so others can access it. Much of the information that is in the TRL is general in nature and will apply to Little Birds just as it does to other Tbirds and Full Sized Fords. What are lacking is Little Bird specific technical information.
                  Last edited by YellowRose; March 9, 2011, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Welcome '55-'57 Birders! Hope you enjoy the ride I can just see this is going to be AWESOME!!!
                    Last edited by Guest; March 9, 2011, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Kwel ...

the more the merrier. If any of you 55-57 folks should know of a glass repop body hiding somewhere I would be interested in knowing. Having disturbing dreams about a FE powered gasser. Welcome aboard. Mike

Comment

• YellowRose
                        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Yesterday, we had 16 new Little Bird members join us. This morning, when I woke up and got on my PC, I had 11 more new registrants and a couple with problems getting on. One was being rejected due to his email provider being rejected. The other because he could not get the registration correctly completed. I don't know why. 27 and now 28, (I see a new one right now!) have made it through. IF your registration is being rejected due to an email address that means that email provider has been banned on our Forum by the Techies because someone was using it to spam us from. If that happens to you, I suggest that you use a different email service, like a hotmail, yahoo, or gmail account. That should do the trick.

We do have some pretty secure security measures on this Forum for good reason. A year or two ago, we were getting hit with spam big time. People would register, saying they had no Tbird, or make one up. When they became registered they started spamming us. We were deleting the spam as soon as we found it and banning those new members. This went on for some time and kept us hopping. Then they started spamming us with adult spam... We have a good number of women members and even a couple of early teenage girls who are members of this Forum and we could not have that. So our Techies put on stricter security controls. They also added another process that I don't want to go into. I do that process, and it is a manual one. But it is very effective so far. It is intended to be a manual procedure requiring my attention. If new memberships are not processed immediately, it means that I'm not at my computer and will review them as soon as possible after I return. Even slaves get some time to sleep! lol.

So yes, we might have tighter security, but for good reason. To protect YOU, our women, and young girl members from spam of any nature. If you have problems, once again, please call or email me. I will be glad to help.
                        Last edited by YellowRose; March 11, 2011, 02:13 AM. Reason: Reworded...

Comment

• Dutchbird
                          Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Welcome 1955-'57 Thunderbird(er)s....

.........to this wonderful Forum with great - did I mention the best - people from all around the world.

I hope you all have a nice stay here and I challenge you to make thise site even better!!
                          (Try it, nothing is impossible they say........)

It's great to have our "Thunderbird-roots" now here on the Forum also, ENJOY YOUR RIDE/FLIGHT!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎