Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clint66
    • Feb 20 2016

Thermactor emission system Cali car?

I've been trying to find replacement parts for my 66 Town Landau for the emission system. Are their any sites that offer these? I've tried junkyards but the hoses are dried up. This is a California car so the diagrams that I've found don't seem to match, were these cars different from the rest? Also I could use some help with the vacuum system routing if anyone has a Cali car. I've haven't been able to find any info on the Cali car. Thanks for your help. If anyone has parts I would be interested in talking.
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Here's a picture I found in the parts manual. I'm not sure if it helps you or not.

John
    Attached Files
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Clint66
      • Feb 20 2016

Thanks for the info. I got the one from a local junkyard guy. It doesn't seem to show the hoses the way they are on my engine. Trying to find someone that has replacement hoses for the one that runs from the front to the back along the valve cover. Thanks again for responding.

Comment

• nifty6t
        • Aug 25 2012

California emission cars

I see these cars once in awhile as I live in California. Emission inspections are not required for these cars so the parts are no longer required. I have seen a couple of cars that have had all of the emission parts removed and the holes in the heads have been plugged.

Comment

• FARONZ 66 Q CODE
          • Sep 25 2013

Cali smog equipment

If I may comment on this, My 66 q code is a Cali car and what I did was replace factory intake with an aluminum edelbrock ( 65 pounds lighter ) and a polished edelbrock 650 carb and chrome air cleaner....after removing all the stock factory air cleaner, fuel rails, hoses, etc completely repainted them ford dark blue and detailed out those parts before packing them away. I installed new smog rail plugs.....VERY big difference in performance plus all the original factory parts are there for any future owner. All new 2-1/2 -3" inch exhaust system with flowmasters doesn't hurt either...LOL....probably pushing 400 + hp........next up will be HEI ............

Faron in Cherry Valley, Ca

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎