No announcement yet.

Uk Mals Uk Project

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uk Mals Uk Project

1960 T-bird HT Now residing in the UK, Well here she is guys, looking sorry for herself, Floors and motor all good, Dash shot (looking for another), interior needs a little work.
    Let's see how we can do her justice over here.
    Looking forward to many long hours
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; September 11, 2013, 04:10 PM. Reason: spelling
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Uk Mals Uk Project

Hi Malcolm, and thanks for posting the pix of what you have in the way of a restoration project ahead of you. It will be a journey, but the guys here will do all they can to help. I have great respect for all of you who are "across the pond" for you have to contend with many things we do not. The lack of available parts, the cost of having them shipped, customs costs, etc.. The contact information for the Tbird parts stores are all located in the Advertisements Forum. You will want to email them and ask them for a copy of their free catalogs so you can see what is available and price compare. Several of them have parts cars to pull parts from, like The Bird House in Delaware, and The Bird Nest in Oregon. Carl Heller ~ partsetal, a member here also has a lot of Squarebirds parts and several parts cars. He is a great guy to work with, knows Squarebirds inside and out, and ships parts worldwide.

The Technical Resource Library here should be a big help to you. The link to it is always right below my signature element. Since you have immediately become a Paid Member upon joining, you will be able to easily upload pix as you have done. As you have questions about areas you are working on, include pictures for us to see what problem you are working with so we can help you troubleshoot it. Take A LOT of pictures as you work on an area, because when you start to put things back together, those pix will come in handy in knowing how things were before you took them off.

Good luck and we will do all we can to help.
    Last edited by YellowRose; September 12, 2013, 01:26 AM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• scumdog
      Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

A big task!

Good luck with the rebuild - it's more than I'd be prepared to tackle!

And I take my hat off to anybody that is prepared to entertain the idea of driving a big ol' Yank-tank in the UK.
      A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• tbird430
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 18 2007

And be happy!! At least you OWN one of these rare beauties. For as many as they made, esp in 1960, we sure don't see many of them around.

As sad as you might think your Bird looks, I'm surprised she still sports those "tail feathers" on the trunk lid lock!!

Enjoy the ride,
        Jon in TX.
        sigpic
        The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎