Thread: 390 question
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 04:41 PM
simplyconnected's Avatar
simplyconnected simplyconnected is offline
Slow Typist
Join Date: May 26 2009
Posts: 7,639
simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

You may id your block by different castings that are attached to the block if you can't find a good block ID:
This page shows 1965-'72
This shows 1973-'79

You need to have your head screwed on straight when buying parts from eBay. Many times they don't say what the part number is or what year engine it came from. A 1960 FE engine uses a B8A 7509-A Engine bracket, but a 1961-'64 uses a C2AA 7A572-A. I'm not sure what the newer blocks used.

I call those little rings that hold the heads before assembly, locating bushings. They may have a different name, but new ones come in the gasket sets.
My latest project:
CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Reply With Quote