Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody out there building a prostreet 60 t bird ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prostreet 60 Thunderstang
    • Jul 27 2011

Hello i just thought id join sqaure birds and see if theres anyone other than me whos either built or building a pro street 58 59 or 60 thunderbird as im in the process of doing so. i have mine tubbed and caged w/ 33x2150 mickey tompsons . i also cut off the lazy sixtys front suspention and put a 94 mustang strut suspention and steering rack and disc breakes and used a 5.0 mustang engine efi . i just got the car up n running again and it feels good to drive it once again after ten years of it sitting and me building it . ive owned the car for 35 years and i think ive had almost every fe engine in it at one time or another over the years rangeing fron the original 352 to a 428 cj but i decided a few years back i want to be able to drive it and be streetable so i went with a 5.0 mustang engine w/ a c6 but later to come im going with a 351 w twin turbos i think it will run strong yet still be able to be streetable . i have a long way to go yet but its shaping up . i will post more as the progress gos. thanks for looking at my post Bill ps see more pics posted on my web site at http://www.decorativeironplus.com/cu...rications.html

Hey Bill,
    THAT IS AWESOME! I hope you will make a YouTube video when you get her where she will run I would love to hear her sing!!!
    Richard D. Hord

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Bill!

I see you got your pix posted! That is quite the job you are doing with your Tbird! I like the treatment of the radiator with the twin electric fans on it, and the Tbird cut outs also. Fantastic job you are doing! Thanks for sharing with us. Wait until some of the others see these pictures!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Nice job a built 351 is what you need

Comment

• Jul 27 2011

Originally posted by Richard D. Hord
          Hey Bill,
          THAT IS AWESOME! I hope you will make a YouTube video when you get her where she will run I would love to hear her sing!!!
          Richard D. Hord
          Richard
          ive driven the car with the stock 5.0 and its runs realy strong
          amazingly as is but im a horsepower hungry fool i almost cant wait till i get the 351 w built for it with the turbos it will be fun.
          the pic of your car brings back memories my car looked like that bone stock when i was a kid very nice car . your right i will see about doing up a you tube vidieo when ive reached that stage

Comment

• Jul 27 2011

Originally posted by YellowRose
            Hi Bill!

I see you got your pix posted! That is quite the job you are doing with your Tbird! I like the treatment of the radiator with the twin electric fans on it, and the Tbird cut outs also. Fantastic job you are doing! Thanks for sharing with us. Wait until some of the others see these pictures!
            Ray thanks for the warm welcome of alowing me the newbie to your site . i think this is realy a neat site you have set up for all the t bird enthusists . i looked at some of you tech stuff thats realy great i seen the post for all the frame work i wish i knew about that post back when i revamped all my frame work i did alot of trial and error and dicecting different frame areas of the car to see how it was all built and came up with restruckturing the frame/unibody for extra stuctural suppot.
            i will do up dates from time to time as my progress advances thanks again Bill

Comment

• Dakota Boy
              Super-Experienced
              • Jun 30 2009

My car has a few touches of pro-street flavor...but I'd say yours is way tougher. One of kind for sure. I like it.

Here's my '58:

C6
              Detroit Locker in a 9" rear w 4.10 gears
              Hurst V-Matic II console shifter
              Line lock
              stock gas tank with a sump installed
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Dakota Boy; July 28, 2011, 07:14 AM.
              http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• FINSRIN
                Experienced
                • Aug 7 2010

Is looking super awesome and outstanding. Rear wheel well came out perfect. Much like what you have done. Am about half way thru building a 460 powered 61 Studebaker Lark. So appreciate the extra effort it takes to do the big and little non-stock modifications. If I had got a Squarebird that needed a major rebuild then would like to do power train and other changes as you have.

Bill

Comment

• Jul 27 2011

Originally posted by Dakota Boy
                  My car has a few touches of pro-street flavor...but I'd say yours is way tougher. One of kind for sure. I like it.

Here's my '58:

C6
                  Detroit Locker in a 9" rear w 4.10 gears
                  Hurst V-Matic II console shifter
                  Line lock
                  stock gas tank with a sump installed
                  Very cool with the well opened up to acomidate the tires it
                  almost makes the car look like its been shortened it is a different look . im toying around with the idea of doing a 3''
                  chop top on my car . i have a pic of one i seen at a car show years ago but i have mixed emotions if i should do it or not.
                  i think i need to find a junker doner car and experiment first

Comment

• Tenshi95
                    Apprentice
                    • Jul 10 2011

Prostreet, mind sending me that pic of the chopped t-bird? always wondered what it would look like.

Thanks!
                    -Robert

Comment

• Jul 27 2011

Originally posted by Tenshi95
                      Prostreet, mind sending me that pic of the chopped t-bird? always wondered what it would look like.

Thanks!
                      -Robert
                      Robert heres the only pic i could find of the t bird that i seen at a car show years ago that is chopped also a few others
                      one of my car years ago when i first got the car and another one taken a few weeks ago 35 years difference lol.. enjoy

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎