X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Howard Prout
    Experienced
    • Feb 11 2009

Bell Crank Throttle Linkage

A fellow from Coburg, Ontario, CANADA (now I can't remember his name) called me last night (Dec. 19) asking about a bell crank for a 1959 with a 430 engine. The one that came with his car was badly mutilated and he is having trouble adjusting the idle on his car. He has bought three other bell cranks and none of them works properly. One of the ones he bought was from Bob's Bird House - it was marked as for a 1960 and has a different bolt pattern than required for his engine. He raised the question as to whether or not the bell cranks for 1960s were different than for 1959s. I said I didn't know. I suggested he contact Carl Heller (aka partsetal) as he may be able to supply one. I would like to encourage the person who called to join the Forum (if he isn't already a member) and post his progress on this and any other issues he has.
    Last edited by Howard Prout; December 20, 2012, 05:11 PM.
    sigpic "Old Betsy" - my '59 convertible J9YJ116209 Thunderbird Registry #33341
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Howard, here's what the Ford book says:

I'm not sure how both engines use the same bellcrank (I'd have to look deeper).

How mangled is the guy's bellcrank? Can he drill the rod holes and re-bush them? - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎