• Jun 18 2007

Texas Car Shows:

Aug 7 Corvette’s for Kids & Classics 13311 South Freeway Burleson TX
    Aug 7 Patriotic Car Show 1601 Custer Rd Plano TX
    Aug 7 Street Havoc 3201 East Houston St San Antonio TX
    Aug 7 Optimist Car Show& Swap Meet 2901 N. Alexander Baytown TX
    Aug 7-8 Yellow Rose Classic 3400 Burnett Tandy Dr Fort Worth TX
    Aug 13-15 Summer's Last Blast Vernon TX
    Aug 14 LaVernia Park Foundation BBQ Cook-Off and Car Show Hwy 87 LaVernia TX
    Aug 14 Longview Show & Shine 100 Grand Blvd Longview TX Aug 14 NBMM Motorcycle Ride and Car Show 1420 E Palm Valley Blvd, Hwy 79 Round Rock TX
    Aug 14 Samuels Summer Sizzle Car Show 2900 Slaughter Ln Austin TX
    Aug 14 Three Months of Summer Car Show 700 S Westgreen Katy TX
    Aug 14 Triple C Car Show Central Christian Church, 4901 Lake Shore Dr Waco TX
    Aug 15 WEGO Passionate Rides Car Show 4601 Bosque Blvd Waco TX
    Aug 21 Biggest and Hottest Car Show 2300 Boonville Rd Bryan TX
    Aug 21 Thunder on The Plains Car Show Wilson at Ave R Levelland TX
    Aug 27-29 Giddings Swap Meet 2495 Hwy 290 W Giddings TX

sigpic
    The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
  • Anders
    Super-Experienced
    • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by tbird430

Aug 7-8 Yellow Rose Classic 3400 Burnett Tandy Dr Fort Worth TX
    Interesting. Wish I was at this show, as "Ruth" lived in Fort Worth for most of her life
    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Texas Car Shows:

Thanks for sending that list, Jon! Hey! They named a car show after "Yellow Rose" already and she ain't even been seen in public at a car show yet! However, after seeing that event here in San Antonio, I am thinking of getting her out of the garage and let her strut her stuff at this event. There is a $250 prize and trophy for Best Classic. The good thing about this show is that it is indoors at the Freeman Coliseum near where the Spurs play. The bad thing is you need to get there at 07:30am! I am not an early riser! I don't know about Rose though! She might be!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• tbird430
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 18 2007

Not a problem Ray. (and goodluck).

-Jon in N.TX.
        sigpic
        The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Ray you statement " you are not an early riser" holds truth, as I see the times you send me e-mails at the " wee " hours of the morning. I am sure that even you can take time off, get a good nights rest and get there fro 7.30 am
          Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Thunderbird Registry
          58HT #33317
          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Texas Car Shows:

Welll, I am gonna go to the Street Havoc auto show in the morning! It will be my first time to step out with Rose and see how she is received. I have Rose looking pretty good. Joseph was able to get that stain out of the yellow material (whatever it was) off the left side of the center console. I did some interior clean up. I think she is looking pretty well. She still needs to have some things done to her yet. I need new vent window glass, and the chrome frames they sit in. I also need a new passenger side window and the back windows and chrome. I did not get to the disc brake and dual MC/power booster job yet, but I will. All in all, she looks pretty good and it is time to let her strut her stuff and see what she can do!

I drove her quite a bit this morning and afternoon. She got a lot of attention, picture taking, and questions whenever I stopped somewhere. This afternoon, I had my display board made up and a Standard & Optional listing each put in plastic for display. The display board is a gift from Anders and one of his graphics guys. This does not do it justice, but this is what it looks like below. I will use it tomorrow! Thanks, Anders! I gots to get there early to get a good spot AND it is NOT indoors, as I thought! It is outdoors, so I am taking a folding chair with a top over it to protect me from the sun. Judging is about noon, and the awards about 6pm at closing time. I hope neither she or me melts in this high 90's temperature! I gots to get to bed early tonight! What a change that will be for me! Here is my display board.
            Attached Files

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

Hey Ray,
              Love the display board, now go have some fun! Let us know what people say!
              Richard D. Hord

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Street Havoc Truck/Hotrod/Class Car Show

Welll, I experienced my first ever car show with judging! I got up at 6am to get there by 07:30 for registration. It took me an hour and 45 minutes to get through the registration process! A good part of the time I let Rose run for a couple of reasons. One because at that time of the morning it was already in the 80"s and I was sweating already! The other reason is I wanted to see how she would handle that long sit with AC running. She did very well! She stayed on the M in TEMP. Steady as a rock. I got parked and as it turned out, by a bunch of really nice people. They were a big help to this newbie at this. I got Rose all tricked out ready for show at noon. They showed up to my Tbird (the ONLY one there that I am aware of) at about 5pm. The awards were at 6pm and they started handing them out around 6:30. Rose won her first trophy! She took 3rd place in the Classic Division. Those around me tell me that I was robbed! They said they saw the 1st and 2nd cars and Rose beat them hands down. Oh well, I am not complaining. You have to crawl before you can walk and walk before you can run and run before you can sprint!

My new friend, Amy is sprinting! She took 1st in Import Wild Custom (ya gotta see this car!, with her '97 Honda Prelude tricked out like I never saw before! Then she took Best In Show in her class also. She has nothing but 1st place trophies and 1st place Best In Show with this car. Her dad and brother put it all together for her for her high school graduation. It has been a winning car ever since. Later on tonight, I will post or send out in email more pix of the show. Probably the latter. Here is Yellow Rose showing off her first trophy!
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey Ray,
                  You have nothing to be ashamed of. Rose is a beautiful car and you have allot of time and money invested in her. I went through the same thing with my '78 Thunderbird. Some of the shows I went to I did not think they were going to let me in. Some you win and some you lose. Some of these judges play favorites to some of there buddies.
                  Hold your head up and go on to the next one, let me tell you it will be different!
                  Your Thunderbird friend,
                  Richard D. Hord

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

More Pix Of Rose Styling!

Here are some more pix of Rose strutting her stuff! Just a few. I think I might put the rest of them in a web page and put up the link. I don't know if I will get to that tonight. I have some 30 emails hanging that came in while I was gone all day. Anyway, here are a few more pix so you can her doing her thang!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very cool Ray ...

good to see her done, and you enjoying her. Mike

Comment

• bird 60
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Mar 18 2009

Good on ya Mate

Congratulations Ray, One show down & many more to follow. Did you take any shots of the 1st & 2nd place cars so that we can compare & possibly criticize? Waiting to see some shots of the Trunk & the Engine Bay as well.

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

Hey Ray,
                          AWESOME!!!
                          Richard D. Hord

Comment

• simplyconnected
                            Administrator
                            • May 26 2009

Ray, your car is a trophy winner! It's also worth a lot more than any 'book' value, because of the trophy. I have confidence that Rose will win MANY first place prizes in the future because she is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations on winning in your very first show. - Dave Dare
                            Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                            --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Anders
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Jan 19 2008

Congratiolations Ray!
                              She looks totally fantastic!
                              Love this pic!

Look at those wheels! Totally love them! And the rose on the seat!
                              sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
                              http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎