X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • black89lotus
    • Sep 18 2013

I need some help

Hi All...

My 65 is undergoing a restoration..by me...and I am in need of a reference picture ...
    Vacuum mounted trunk release....I have the console switch however the vacuum motor and bracket were never installed on the trunk lid..strange .but who knows...there are no mounting holes drilled into the lid either. I have purchased a used vacuum motor and mounting bracket but I am very stumped on how it attaches and where...the manual illustrates this but it just doesnt seem to fit when I look at the lid....

If anyone has this option on their car, I would greatly appreciate a picture of the motor and bracket on the lid...
    I can send a pic of the motor and bracket that was sourced from a junk yard...off of a 65- cant post pic here for some reason!

thanks in advance for any assistance!!

Tony
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

I need some help

Tony, back on 9-18-13, when you joined, I posted a welcome to you in the New Members Welcoming Forum. In it, I provided you with the information on how to post pix on this Forum. Here is the link to it.

http://www.squarebirds.org/vbulletin...ad.php?t=15830

Also, if you have not done this, please do.

In the interest of communicating with you, if you have not done so, please add the following email addresses to your address book. webmaster@squarebirds.org; Our Webmaster, Dave Dare ~ simplyconnected@aol.com, John Pizzi ~ jopizz@verizon.net, and Ray Clark ~ rayclark07@att.net and yellowrose@squarebirds.org. This should keep any email from one of us in a leadership position on this Forum from going into your Spam or Deleted folder.

I do not know the Flairbird that well. Hopefully, one of our many Flairbird owners who do, will answer your question.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Do you have a Shop Manual for your car?
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• black89lotus
        • Sep 18 2013

Hi...yup...and that illustration doesnt quite make it when you have the actual part in your hand...it just doesnt fit the way it is shown....a picture of one in a car would do it just fine!

thanks!

Comment

• Yadkin
          Banned
          • Aug 11 2012

I'd like to see a picture as well, but to facilitate conversion to electric. That way I can open the trunk without the engine running to produce vacuum, or having a complex accumulator system.

Comment

• spanky
            • Nov 24 2008

Vac Trunk operator

I have this option on my "66, and have chased around a leak the last 5 years. I would recommend you check the whole operation of the vacuum system before installation. Going electric is a wise move with the switch under the dash beats a lot of hose repair.

Comment

• scumdog
              Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Originally posted by Yadkin
              I'd like to see a picture as well, but to facilitate conversion to electric. That way I can open the trunk without the engine running to produce vacuum, or having a complex accumulator system.
              OR: Just use the old fashioned key system if the engine hasn't been run for a while!
              BTW, my vacuum system holds enough vacuum to still operate the trunk lock up to an hour after the engine was last running.
              A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎