No announcement yet.

What a mess

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a mess

Had been leaving car out under a very good car cover. Yes I left it out in the rain and other elements. I have done with others cars through my 30+ years of driving.
    I went to take the car cover off and noted it was wet in a few places on the back trunk lid and hood and was clinging to the surfaces. When I took the cars off there were white discoloration spots where the cover was wet/clinging. Some of the places the paint was even dimpling. Well not happy with myself. Since learned you don't leave cars outside long term with covers on them. I googled this type of thing, seems leaving it out in the sun for a few day MAY get the color out of the paint. Something to do with the clearcoat paint. Car had a pretty decent paint job. Darn it!
  • Deanj
    Super-Experienced
    • Nov 26 2015

Present a claim to the car cover manufacturer and/or seller. both the seller and manufacturer are on the line. There are 3 warranties with every product: Express, Implied warranty of fitness, and Implied warranty of Merchantability.

Express Warranty is just that, what the seller/manufacturer expressly states.

Implied warranty of fitness isn't stated, but that the product will do what its intended to do. Fit for its purpose.

Warranty of Merchantability means the product is guaranteed to work as expected if used for its intended purpose.

Sellers, which may not be the manufacturer, usually try to pass responsibility to who made the product. Don't let them off the hook if they don't get you to the responsible party.

This product didn't do exactly what it was supposed to prevent against. I don't know all the facts like the product age and condition, but you have plenty talking points now.

Dean

Comment

HUH? There is no liability here other them me.

Comment

• Deanj
        Super-Experienced
        • Nov 26 2015

Why is that? If it's a cover not intended for the elements, then you screwed up. You need a body man's opinion. If the cover affords protection from the elements, then the thing speaks for itself.

Dean

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

What a mess

I see that Dean said about the same thing that I was going to say. Check the cover for a label or manufacturers name, and a model number, and if found, google it and see what the seller or manufacturer has to say about it. If it is the type that is claimed to be waterproof, or water resistant, then you should talk to the seller, or manufacturer regarding the damage it did to your paint....

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎