No announcement yet.

cam specs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

cam specs

hoping someone might have the cam specs on a factory 406 405hp 62 fe engine,or could direct me to an appropriate site. thanks
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Ford designed the 406 engines for racing purposes, and they came with tri-power or dual quads with a compression ratio of 11.6:1. They were only produced for a couple short years and were replaced by the 427 (which produced 20-hp more).

Camshafts come in a host of varieties depending on what purpose you intend to use the engine for, just like carbs, headers, etc.

Being an FE engine, you can find lots of camshafts for sale through aftermarket speed shops like JEGS or SUMMIT. They sell mild OEM-grinds, all the way up to full racing cams.

BTW, I deleted the other thread as it was a duplicate of this one. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

cam

thanks dave , appreciate your input. however,i am trying to find the specs on the cam that ford put in that particular engine as i am rebuilding and restoring one to factory specs. fe cams are as you mentioned available for many suppliers,just want to know what the factory specs are so i can duplicate it or at least get close. thanks for deleting the other post, saw that one before i saw this one.

Comment

• redstangbob
        Experienced
        • Feb 18 2011

Post your question on the FE Forum, http://www.network54.com/Index/10214 somebody there will know. If you can't post there, let me know I can post it for you. Good luck, Bob C

Comment

• ayrwoof
          Experienced
          • Apr 4 2005

fuel quality

can selection is important ,total overlap , duration, deree intalation.
          if you move the powerband up its gonna ask for more gas and hand
          you less booster vaccuum.
          my concern is the fuel quality,. and how long it will idle before plugs
          fowl or burn up from the to quick advance . If you look at lunatti
          60002 cams then add your adj ford rockers with hyd or mech tappet
          you wont be far off . since the comp ratio and the bigger heads
          did a lot of talking . < did the 60001 cam with adj /hyd set up
          its smooth and likes mid grade to boot..

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎