X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbirdmike63
    Experienced
    • May 4 2017

Kick down assembly

Hey everyone, I have a holley 4160, and I need to put on a kick down assembly. I have been trying to find pictures online, can't find anything, does someone out there have a picture of their kick down assembly so I can get an idea on how to put it on. Also what set should I buy, and where should I get it? Thanks!
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

The kickdown is part of the accelerator linkage. It does not get connected directly to the carburetor. On the diagram part # 7A187 is your kickdown rod. As you can see it goes to the linkage and not the carburetor regardless of which carburetor you use.

John
    Attached Files
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• tbirdmike63
      Experienced
      • May 4 2017

I think I'm Missing some parts, springs etc. If someone could take some pictures of there set up I would appreciate it, it would give me a better idea of what's missing on my car. Thanks

Comment

• tbirdmike63
        Experienced
        • May 4 2017

I found some pictures online, I believe I need two springs and I need to make an adjustment, then I should be ok! Hopefully! I have a rubber bellows that is near the firewall behind the carb. The rubber is tore up, do I need that, I heard it was used for the cruise control, I would like to remove it, if it's not needed, the cruise control doesn't work anyways. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎