X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

David ~ villain & "Friends"!

David sent a picture of him and two of his "friends" You are probably going to be very fascinated by the one behind him and his four legged friend. You dog lovers will probably enjoy seeing the dog first and then the other "friend". And yesss, that IS what you probably think that car is!.....
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

The car is a TRANSFORMER?
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Dakota Boy
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 30 2009

no way...

I'm calling "PHOTO-SHOPPED" !!!
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Then you would be wrong... That IS one of David's cars....

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• Dakota Boy
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 30 2009

I guess I was just struck by a small wave of jealousy.

I'm over it now.
          http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• villain
            Apprentice
            • Jan 23 2011

haha...I assume by the photochop you are referring to the insanely cute bulldog next to me? ...yeah, for sure they are pricey and hard to come by, but I love him :-)

and yeah, for sure the car is mine...kinda one of my more embarrassing examples of fiscal irresponsibility, but it really has been a wonderful ride to have for a while. here is a vid of when I bought it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLMEqljuzgE
            and a couple of playing around in it over the last couple years:
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I do love me some cars and horsepower...Here is a teaser of my new whip that is on it's way down to me (I'll post more and details when i have her in my hands):
            Last edited by YellowRose; February 23, 2012, 05:17 PM. Reason: Changed the link to a bad server. - Dave
            -- D_Villain
            - 1960 Thunderbird J-code Golde (Registry #1560)

Comment

Hey David,
              That is one gorgeous Golde Top Edition!
              Richard D. Hord

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

I see David is teasing you with a pic of his new acquisition! She is a beauty and I will let him tell you more about her when he is ready. She is a rare '60 Tbird! I have enjoyed the video clips of your Lambo, David. They were fun to watch. I am sure the others will enjoy them also.

Comment

• tbird430
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jun 18 2007

Originally posted by Richard D. Hord
                  Hey David,
                  That is one gorgeous Golde Top Edition!
                  Richard D. Hord

I agree. She needs a stock air cleaner, then she needs a Sunday drive!!

-Jon in TX.
                  sigpic
                  The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• villain
                    Apprentice
                    • Jan 23 2011

Originally posted by tbird430
                    I agree. She needs a stock air cleaner, then she needs a Sunday drive!!

-Jon in TX.
                    Yeah, I'll probably need to sort out a few things...I'll know more next week when she is at home, but rest assured I plan to put a grip of miles on that car :-)
                    I'm super excited to get it...it'll be my first classic and I intend to keep it as period appropriate as possible but also modded as necessary to be a great driver. If I have her sorted in time I may take her on Gold Rush Rally 3. I did it in 2010 in the lambo and think it would be a great drive (albeit probably a bit slower average speed than last year) in the t-bird.
                    -- D_Villain

Comment

David very nice indeed, looks to be a fine example of a Golde.
                      Don't underestimate the power of that 430 they have so much torque it rarely comes out of top gear

Richard

Comment

• villain
                        Apprentice
                        • Jan 23 2011

Originally posted by 1960_430_AU
                        David very nice indeed, looks to be a fine example of a Golde.
                        Don't underestimate the power of that 430 they have so much torque it rarely comes out of top gear

Richard
                        I was surprised to find out that the Thunderbird only weighs 3-400 lbs more than that Gallardo and the 430 motor in that thing has 120 more lb ft of torque put all to that back end?!? That's outstanding I seriously can't wait to drive this car
                        -- D_Villain

Comment

The fuel consumption is probably about the same as the Lambo too....note consumption as there is no economy...

Richard

Comment

• villain
                            Apprentice
                            • Jan 23 2011

Lol...that's funny you say that cause I was just reading the specs when I got that torque number and just two seconds ago was telling my wife that the mpg is actually WORSE!! I hardly thought that possible...when romping on the G through the mountains it would pull around 6-8 mpg average...looks like that 430 motor is that thirsty on average just cruising around huh?
                            I don't buy cars to save dough (obviously) but that is impressive anybody on the board tune up one of those motors? Seems like they have the potential to make some pretty crazy power.
                            -- D_Villain

Comment

I have to agree with that, if you are worried about the amount of fuel you use don't buy a collectible car.
                              Of the 11 I own 1 is a four all the rest are V8's 350 x 2, 305, 383, 400, 392, 396 diesel, 430 x 2, and a 368 the four is in the '27 Dodge and gets crap mpg anyway

Richard

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎