X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

A Squarebird Bites The Dust?

I received this picture from Chris from Down under. If anyone knows whose car this is, please let us know. It appears to be a '59 Squarebird, from the looks of it. It looks like it had the '59 chrome spear on the door, but it also looks like it has the '60 chrome strips on the rear end..

"Hi Ray, no it's not mine, & I don't know if from here in Australia or the States. I guess another one bites the dust. (SAD) Chris"

Here is the pic that Chris sent.
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Yadkin
    Banned
    • Aug 11 2012

That could not have ended well.

Lesson to all: carry a fire extinguisher with you, readily at hand in the passenger compartment!

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Steve couldn't agree more a MUST to carry in our classics at all times.

Lesson to all: carry a fire extinguisher with you, readily at hand in the passenger compartment!
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Yadkin
        Banned
        • Aug 11 2012

Door mounted:
        Attached Files

Comment

• Joe Johnston
          Super-Experienced
          • Dec 23 2008

I learned this lesson when I had dual quads on my 57 which are known to catch fire. Happened very quickly after one carb backfired and lit up. Luckily for me I police cruiser was a couple of cars behind me and had an extinguisher. No damage other than white dust all over everything. He even followed me home to make sure it didn't happen again. Have an extinguisher in each car now - and returned to a single carb on the Y-block.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎