X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yadkin
    Banned
    • Aug 11 2012

Bumper extensions

My wife's step-dad calls them "bumperettes". I call them fangs. Mine are in good shape and finally on. Now I see the red primer I used to protect the interior. Did these come with covers? Because without them, they make good flower pots.
    Attached Files
  • stubbie
    Experienced
    • Jul 7 2011

Hi Steve
    Sorry I can't help you with info about caps for your fangs but you might be able to help me. I just got back from the chrome platters and they have lost the 2 dome head bolts from the bottom of the fangs any chance you could measure the diameter of the dome head for me. They have found several sets different size heads. if I new the size I could pinpoint which ones are mine.

Cheers

Comment

• Yadkin
      Banned
      • Aug 11 2012

Those are standard 7/16" carriage bolts with a stainless steel cap, available at many specialty catalogs. The head diameter is .96", which is just over 15/16".

Comment

• stubbie
        Experienced
        • Jul 7 2011

Thanks Steve. I will go over and look at what they have found and see if they are that size. Cheers.

Comment

• Yadkin
          Banned
          • Aug 11 2012

I wouldn't sweat it if they lost 'em. You can't see the open head of the two bolts unless the car is airborne. Regular carriage bolts would do the job fine.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎