X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ss396t6
    Apprentice
    • Oct 21 2014

1957 blower motor decals

Decal kits have 12 VOLT and MARCH 1957 decals for the blower motor under the hood on the right side. What is the purpose of March 1957?

Thanks,
    Scott
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

That's an inspection stamp. It certainly doesn't make sense that your car would have a March 1957 stamp on it if it was built before that. I've seen those kits before. I'm not sure if you can specify other months and years or not. You can probably make your own date stamp using some clear transfer paper and a printer. Or you can do it the old fashion way and use a date stamp and some yellow paint.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• ss396t6
      Apprentice
      • Oct 21 2014

John, that is exactly my thoughts, too. My car was built in January 1957 so a March 1957 date looks odd. In most cases were ink stamps used instead of decals? I have seen the 12 VOLT appear as hand painted in yellow on the heater blower motor. I have never seen any other date other than MARCH 1957. I just became a member of CTCI so maybe I can get answers from them and I will certainly share them here.

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

I doubt that decals were ever used. I'm pretty sure that they were hand stamped using paint. Maybe Dave would know for sure.

John
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

C'mon it's a vendor-supplied purchased part. The small motor vendors made motors for all the big three.
          Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎