X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thunderherd
    Apprentice
    • Oct 22 2014

Street Rodder magazine

Just got my new Street Rodder , May issue, in the mail. You better run out and pick yours up. Haven't read the article yet, but the '58 bird that was at SEMA is featured.
  • Derbird
    • Jul 10 2016

Link to article.

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Street Rodder magazine

When you go to that link below, click on the link that will allow you to view all 37 pix of that highly customized and modernized '58 Squarebird. Now some of you may not like the customization, and others will, but what you will see is an old '58 given a new lease on life, with a totally modern engine, engineering, external and internal customization. Personally, I think it looks great and it certainly has be a much better performing and safer Tbird, I would think. BTW, I have added HS Customs to our Advertisements Forum.
      Last edited by YellowRose; March 15, 2017, 06:55 PM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• bird 60
        Super-Experienced
        • Mar 18 2009

Over-all I like it. 10 out of 10 for the workmanship.

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

• Penelope
          Super-Experienced
          • Mar 4 2008

I like that, its classy and unmistakingly a bird, great lines and a simple clean up. Neat!
          sigpicBill
          Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• OX1
            Super-Experienced
            • Feb 10 2016

Also like that the stock lines are mostly intact.

Wonder how they got cup holders in the console,
            must have an 1/8th clearance with the driveshaft

Would have done something a bit more custom
            on the heat/AC controls. At least use the chrome
            version if you have to keep that ugly setup that
            comes with the kit.
            59-430-HT

Comment

• Yadkin
              Banned
              • Aug 11 2012

Originally posted by OX1

Wonder how they got cup holders in the console,
              must have an 1/8th clearance with the driveshaft
              By removing the tunnel, and converting to hydraulic drive. Or, they are recessed into the tunnel and are "heated" cup holders.

Seriously, the console is probably just taller.

Comment

• sidewalkman
                Super-Experienced
                • Sep 14 2015

Hmm, overall I like it, the engine compartment is great, so clean but it certainly isn't a direction I would go.

Don't get me wrong, I am no purist, maybe if you have a mint numbers matching convertible but with a hardtop fill your boots with customization.

I guess my issue is when you look at the engine compartment it looks like no expense was spared and then moving back the used out of the box controls and finishes so the just look pieced together. I think with what they ended up with I would have opted for the stock console just refinished and then try to fit switching that is either more period correct, or go the other route and customize the whole thing, get high back buckets, a custom console and dash. Right now it looks to be someplace in the middle.

The body and mechanicals are outstanding, the fit and finish on all the exterior are show quality and gorgeous I just wish the theme carried over to the interior, like I said it's great until you see the window, air-ride and especially heater controls. Then it falls apart for me.

But I bet it rides like a dream and can go through a set of tires in seconds!!!!
                Scott
                South Delta, BC, Canada
                1960 White T-Bird, PS, PB that's it
                Red Leather Interior!
                www.squarebirds.org/users/sidewalkman
                Thunderbird Registry #61266
                http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...ibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• YellowRose
                  Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Street Rodder magazine

As a result of the information posted below regarding the highly customized '58 Squarebird, John Byers ~ byersmtrco emailed a link to a former California 1959 Squarebird that now lives in Denmark! Anyone know anything about who in California owned this one, or who in Denmark now does? I think the sign on the garage behind the cars says Hans L****n, but I am not sure. Here is a link that John sent me. Click on the various links and see the modifications and improvements a previous owner made to this '59 Tbird. A 428 under the hood and a lot more! Click on each picture to see more about the car.

http://www.carnut.dk/us/1959thunderbird/

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                  The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                  Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                  Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                  https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎