View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 02:10 AM

papa john is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
Hey Papa, please use punctuation.

The neutral safety switch is also out of adjustment. It's common for it to get out of adjustment as it is held in place through slotted holes and self-threading screws through the steering column outer housing. The screws can loosen over time, and if over-tightened, strip the threads in the column metal.

This is such a common problem with Fords of his era. Once I went to start my friend's 65 Galaxie that she hadn't been able to start for weeks. In park, I turned the key, and nothing happened. Instinctively I reached over the top of the column with my left arm and pulled up on the shifter lever, and turned the key with my right, and the car started right up. My friend was incredulous, jumping up and down, asking me how the heck I did that. I had to think back through before I could explain.

Once you get yours adjusted and the mounting screws tight, use a large worm type hose clamp to clamp it tightly into place, and it will maintain its position.
Yadkin before you get all high and mighty you should learn to spell. I thank you for the info but im to old at 68 to listen to your B.S I DONT NEED IT