Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Astrowing
    Experienced
    • Jul 22 2009

As far as re-installing the oil pump, I removed the inlet screen assembly from the oil pump and just installed the oil pump and shaft initially without messing with the pan. Then I put the screen in the pan and lifted it up and re-installed the screen to the pump from the right side with a box end.
    sigpic

CLICK HERE for Jim's web site

Comment

On the 64-66 the motor doesn't have to go that high. There's plenty of room. you do have to turn the crank though that helps big time. And make sure you pull the battery out

Comment

• tharry8
        • Feb 27 2011

We reinstalled the oil pump and pan. We jacked up the engine about 1.5 inches (at the motor mounts) and that made a huge difference. We were able to install the pump with pick up line, and then the pan. Thanks for all the great advice.

Note we did not change out the motor mounts. I got a set from the local parts store, and they did not look anything like the originals. I think the engine would have sat too low with the new mounts.

Comment

• redstangbob
          Experienced
          • Feb 18 2011

I bet they sold you the flat ones, instead of the 'U' shaped mounts. Glad to hear you got things back together.

Comment

• tharry8
            • Feb 27 2011

Yes, they were the flat ones. They didnt have any other options at the parts house.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎