X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yadkin
    Banned
    • Aug 11 2012

Hood lock

I'm been thinking on this one a while and finally got around to doing the install. Here's my pull handle from controlcables.com mounted on the driver's kick plate. The stand-offs are pieces of AC hose, but I'll switch over to black plastic bushings when I find them. The rear screw (closest to the handle) is at the original screw location, just longer and with a decorative washer. The second screw just keeps the base from rotating.
    Attached Files
  • Yadkin
    Banned
    • Aug 11 2012

Here's the factory latch, ready to modify.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Yadkin
      Banned
      • Aug 11 2012

Adjusting base nut from Control Cables:
      Attached Files

Comment

• Yadkin
        Banned
        • Aug 11 2012

I'm using a 1/8" pipe nipple as a guide barrel for the 5/16" diameter lock pin. I drilled it out 1/64" larger. A simple matter to mark the proper location to interrupt the latch mechanism, then drill and tap.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Yadkin
          Banned
          • Aug 11 2012

Here's a dry fit of the aluminum lock pin. It's a hand sagae fitting from Control Cables. I ended up soldering the stainless cable into the large hollow section of the pin, and set it 180 degrees from the orientation in this picture.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Yadkin
            Banned
            • Aug 11 2012

Here's the pin and barrel on the left, and the adjusting base on a simple 90 degree bracket on the right. Since this is a push-pull assembly, it's important to get these lined up closely.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Yadkin
              Banned
              • Aug 11 2012

Lock pin extended. I ended up grinding down the opposite side to get it to fit, since the latch moves slightly towards the pin from this position when the hood is closed.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Yadkin
                Banned
                • Aug 11 2012

The two #10 screws to the right of the latch hole hold the bracket.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Yadkin
                  Banned
                  • Aug 11 2012

To do: Install a set screw in the operating handle to convert it to a push operation. If that doesn't work, install a compression spring between the adjuster and the guide barrel, and some sort of ratchet on the handle to make it a one-man job.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎