X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, mh434 !!

Welcome to Squarebirds, mh434! Jon hales from the United Kingdom and owns a 1960 Hardtop Tbird! We are always happy to have another Tbird owner from your country! We always enjoy seeing pictures of our new users Tbird. As a Paid Member if you have anything you want to share with us you can post attachments directly on our server. To become one, have a PayPal account and click on the Donate to Site button at the top right of this Forum. To post attachments as an unpaid user you can create an account on one of the free picture hosting websites, upload your pictures of your Tbird there and post the link to them in Our Rides Forum. Or you can send them to me, Ray Clark ~ YellowRose, John Pizzi ~ jopizz, or Dave Dare, our webmaster ~ simplyconnected and we will post them for you. When you post pictures please set them for 800x600 size for better viewing on the Forum. We have the greatest Tbird Techies from around the world on here. So if you need any help with your Tbird just post away in the Squarebird Forum. They will be glad to help. I would recommend that you save my phone number should you ever need to contact me. Should you have any problems navigating our Forum, please contact me, John, or Dave. His phone number is 248-544-8834. Enjoy The Journey!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • mh434
    Comfortably numb
    • Jan 10 2017

Well, good morning all (UK time!!). First thing I must say is that you have a great forum here with loads of really useful information which will, I'm sure, come in really useful over the coming months. I picked up my Tbird at the end of November 2016. Its an ex Arizona car and looks to be in pretty good shape. Strip down work will start soon, together with starting a shopping list of parts. Not much available here in the UK so I will have to get used to shipping costs from the U.S. !
    I will get some pics uploaded in due course.
    Cheers
    Jon
    Jon
    Deepest Hertfordshire
    Old enough to know I'm right...
    1960 Hardtop T'bird
    1961 Hotchkiss M201

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, mh434 !!

Jon, I just saw your post and I meant to tell you this also. You will find all the major Tbird parts stores located in the Advertisements Forum. Email them and ask them for their free catalogs as you will need them to find parts, costs, availability, etc.. Some of our European members have arrangements with people or companies on our East Coast for shipping of parts and cars by container. There is a section in the Advertisements that should tell you about that. That is a way of saving costs on shipping parts, as we know it can be quite expensive especially for large or heavy parts. So check that out. There may not be many people on at this time of night, except those in other parts of the world. But if you have any questions, just post away up in the Squarebirds Forum, and as people get back on the Forum, they will find them and respond to you. Welcome aboard, again and G'Night!

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Jon also welcome to our truly international site where you will find some of the most knowledgeable birders around. Ask any questions answer where you can and participate often
        Great to see another 60 survivor and is she registered in the TBird registry on our site?
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• mh434
          Comfortably numb
          • Jan 10 2017

Hi Dan
          Thanks for the warm welcome. Not got to the Tbird registry yet but will do soon. To be honest, still on a bit of a fact finding mission with the bird at the moment, I expect I will have many questions and there will be many cries for help along the way. Would be interesting to know how many other UK based Squarebirds frequent the site.

Jon
          Jon
          Deepest Hertfordshire
          1960 Hardtop T'bird
          1961 Hotchkiss M201

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, mh434 !!

Jon, to answer your question there are 17 Tbird owners active on the Forum from the United Kingdom. Of them, 8 have been active in the last year, and 14 in the last two years. So you are certainly not alone! 9 of them own Squarebirds, one or two more than one. The others own Bulletbirds or Flairbirds, or later years.

Comment

• mh434
              Comfortably numb
              • Jan 10 2017

Thanks Ray
              Good to know there are a few of us around. I quite like the fact that Squarebirds are not that common over here. I nearly went the Mustang route, like so many over here, but I just think the Thunderbird has more presence. I have been secretly wanting an American car for a few years now. Every time we went to the Goodwood Revival (try and get to it, just the best weekend of the year. Cars, fashion, Warbirds and nice people) I came away wanting an American car.
              Anything 50's - 60's and European is financially out of my reach, the tbird however makes a viable project, even though no doubt we pay a higher purchase price then you guys do. My wife is fully supportive, perhaps she thinks better to spend it on a car than another woman ?!.

Jon
              Jon
              Deepest Hertfordshire
              1960 Hardtop T'bird
              1961 Hotchkiss M201

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, mh434 !!

Hi Jon, yes, you will have a classic car that will be a bit rare in your country, compared to other makes. We have a lot of respect for our overseas users and members who own Tbirds, and other American classic cars. First of all for what it can cost additionally in getting one to you and then what it can cost when it comes to shipping parts. You may want to avail yourself of using the services that some other Tbird owners use in Europe in getting parts to you. Check out that link in the Advertisements Forum if you have not done so already. Our European members helped me put that together, and I did the same thing for the guys and gals Down Under with their help.

It is good that you have your wife's support because it comes in handy. Involve her in any restoration or modifications you might be doing. Get her input, and participation. One thing you do not want her to come to believe that you DO have a new "girlfriend" that is taking your attention away from her... Only this new "Girlfriend" happens to live in the garage... Others on here have been down that road before... Sometimes to their chagrin...

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎