No announcement yet.

My 56 bird

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 56 bird

Here's my new addition to my family. She's a little rough and needs a lot of TLC.

This is my other thunderbird. It's been in my family for about 28 years...

• YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My 56 bird

Hi Klay! Thanks for posting the pix! We always enjoy seeing what our membership is driving! Your '56 Tbird looks very nice to me. You other one is certainly very impressive also! Thanks for sharing!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Kay I believe one of your TBirds has a different rear end to hold on to all that horsepowerGreat that it has been in the family all those years too.
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Restifier52
        Experienced
        • Jul 26 2011

Hi Klayjah! Woh. That is one real race car there. Regarding the little bird I would say you have high standards. It looks pretty good from the photos. Welcome to the community and congratulations on your "new" bird. Sounds like it has a nice pampered life ahead of it.

Rick
        1960 HT
        Thunderbird Registry #35780

Comment

Thanks guys, the little bird looks better in the pictures than in person but for a 58 year old car that came from up north I can't complain. One good thing about it everything seems to be there and after rebuilding the carb last weekend I was able to move the car around under its own power. The floors and supports are about gone, the driver’s side inner rocker is totally gone. It looks like someone tried to "restore" it at one point and did some shoddy body work on it with a ton of filler.

As for the other one my dad and a friend of his built that car. About 10 years ago it was just sitting in the garage and my dad told me if I wanted to spend my money and time on it I could have it. I ran it for a while but now it's kind of torn apart. I'm trying to get it ready to repaint. While it's been down I've built a set of front aluminum front hubs for it and upgrading the front brakes.

Comment

• Dakota Boy
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 30 2009

what engine is (or was) in the drag car?
            http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

When my dad ran it he has a 351c, .030 over, stock 4v heads, alum rods and dome top pistons. He ran it with a dougnash 5 speed and later went to a clutchless 5 speed but that got expensive quick.

When I started driving it we were running the same engine with a powerglide and it was sloooooow. We came across a guy that had a shop of old 351c stuff we bought and from that we built a stroked 393. It has aluminum A3 Cleveland heads with Ti valves, alum rods, dome top pistons and a pretty healthy cam. It started with a single dominator, then I tried it with 2 and finally put it on methanol with mechanical fuel injection.

Here's a lot of pictures of when we put the stroker together if interested...
              Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

• FINSRIN
                Experienced
                • Aug 7 2010

Nice - particularly like interior appearance of green/white/silver combo.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎