Thread: 390 Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 09:58 AM
Banned

Yadkin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyconnected View Post
Steve, this isn't about who is right. It's about helping others, even if learning is from our mistakes. Less than a year ago, your builder recommended 15W-50 oil in a new engine when your cam company recommended no higher than 10W-30 (which is what Ford uses):

Roller cams do not destroy lifters, especially not different lifters. You're on your fourth set of very expensive roller lifters. Remember, these are some of your posts:

Many of us begged you to pull a lifter apart to see why it failed. At one point you offered to send a bad one to anyone who asked. I did. Then, nothing. You offered no explanation for the many failed SETS of expensive roller lifters. Lifters are easy to inspect, measure and diagnose.

Valve guides don't go bad in a couple hundred miles.

Hiding the weenie helps nobody and neither does denial. If I had ONE lifter go bad, I would not rest until the root cause was exposed. Again, cams don't destroy hydraulic roller lifters. You had dozens fail. You changed your first cam because it was too aggressive and your builder didn't dissuade your choice which ended up costing many hundreds more.

If only one of our members can learn from these mistakes, THAT is what we're here for. - Dave
Dave, the simple act is that you don't know what caused the problem, yet you insist on bashing a well-respected machinist for 'not cleaning oil galleries', even claiming parts seizure and related damage. I had a second gentleman, David S., do a complete disassembly and inspection prior to installing a new cam and he found nothing of the sort.