X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Randy
    Experienced
    • Dec 21 2015

fallbrook fire (Lilac fire) 2017

Dec. 7 fire started, Dry condition wind and lots of fuel it was just the best for fire that and drought , south of Town was on mandatory evacuation since Thursday, Sunday they gave us the ok open the roads, but fire moving out going down the river going out to Oside.

[IMG][url=https://flic.kr/p/Efvscb]

[/url20171210_213639 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]....[IMG]
    20171210_213712
    by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG],,,,,,,,,,,,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,
    i'll be able to get better ones tomorrow. Dave Dare called me to see
    if we where OK said where checking in on our Fallbrook Square and if need something, or a place to go. that was so kind and most appreciated we can feel the LOVE (Agape) thanks for thinking of us! not much rest past few days .This Square is Swell.
    Last edited by YellowRose; December 11, 2017, 03:36 AM.
    "You're never too old to become younger".! (M. West)
    Randy's Save the Bird Foundation in Beautiful Fallbrook, California

!.This is the Greatest Square on Earth.!
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

My prayers go out to the victims of this terrible tragedy in California. This is so sad to see in pictures and on the news.

I did call Randy and offered him a place if he is burned out. We discussed the horses who tragically incinerated and the good people who were hospitalized, trying to save them.

These fires are horrible. Water pressure is very low, the fire dept's are using people's pool water because it's available and close but many times they quit dousing a house because firefighters are needed elsewhere.

Some gusts of Santa Ana winds reached hurricane levels of over 85-MPH, which picks up embers and quickly transports them miles away, starting a new fire. That's why so many fires spread so far apart.

Here is a picture released by the Santa Barbara County Fire Dept...

Over 1,000 structures burned as 200,000 acres burned (so far) as California's 5th largest fire continues. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Our thoughts and prayers are with the thousands of people affected during this terrible ordeal.
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• bird 60
        Super-Experienced
        • Mar 18 2009

Hopefully they'll get things under control in the very near future.
        I tip my hat to the Firefighters & volunteers.

Chris....From OZ.

Comment

• Tbird1044
          Super-Experienced
          • Jul 31 2012

Randy:
          I have 3 other friends down in the Oceanside area. 2 of them had mandatory evacuations and the 3rd was on constant alert. So far they are all fine and the 2 that had to evacuate have returned to their homes. One of the evacuees is also a member here and had to leave the Bird. Fortunately his home was spared and all survived. So glad to hear that you hopefully made it through this and all is okay. Here in the L.A. area they are still fighting the Thomas fire with little or no control in sight.
          Nyles

Comment

• Randy
            Experienced
            • Dec 21 2015

Fire and wind thats just bad, a fire Fighter was interviewed about all the things they do to save a houes if possible , move all the Stuff away from next to it , woodpiles, lawn furniture, boxes and everything else anything that's next to the house, I didn't know all that, and people and there pets to. The Fighters are amazing .
            "You're never too old to become younger".! (M. West)
            Randy's Save the Bird Foundation in Beautiful Fallbrook, California

!.This is the Greatest Square on Earth.!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎