X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbirdmike63
    Experienced
    • May 4 2017

heater motor drain hose

Hey everyone, I bought two rubber hoses one is kinda s shaped the goes from the blower motor into the firewall, I guess that is to cool off the blower motor. the other one is called the blower motor drain hose, I don't know where this one goes, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
  • OUR5T8BIRD
    Experienced
    • Mar 1 2017

Originally posted by tbirdmike63
    Hey everyone, I bought two rubber hoses one is kinda s shaped the goes from the blower motor into the firewall, I guess that is to cool off the blower motor. the other one is called the blower motor drain hose, I don't know where this one goes, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    On the opposite side of the motor . This is for a/c cars only .

Comment

• tbirdmike63
      Experienced
      • May 4 2017

I do have AC, so on the other side of the motor the hose should connect there to drain fluid? Funny, I don't remember seeing a place to connect a hose there.

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Those hoses were used on a number of different Ford models. As far as I can remember only the S shaped hose is used on Thunderbirds not both.

John
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• OUR5T8BIRD
          Experienced
          • Mar 1 2017

Originally posted by jopizz
          Those hoses were used on a number of different Ford models. As far as I can remember only the S shaped hose is used on Thunderbirds not both.

John
          Our '66 convertible with A/C has both hoses, one "S" shaped coming through the firewall to the motor and the 90 degree hose on the opposite side of the motor to atmosphere . This fan motor has never been out of the car .

Comment

• tbirdmike63
            Experienced
            • May 4 2017

My 66 has the original motor and I don't have the hose, strange.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎