Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MelMan
    • Oct 17 2009

Surge Tank

Hi everyone, I'm new to the board; looking for some help locating a surge tank for 430 Lincoln motor for my wife's Tbird. The one I have has a rusty neck on it. Thanks for the help!
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Surge Tank

Hi Bill and welcome to Squarebirds. Try John Draxler of Tbird Ranch, for one. Here is his web site with contact information on it. http://www.tbirdranch.com/

If John can't help, call Don of Bird Best on Monday - 800-232-6378. They have parts off their parts cars. Call The Bird House in Delaware, or any of the Tbird parts houses listed on the Home page here. Let us know how you come out.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• MelMan
      • Oct 17 2009

thanks

Hi, Ray thanks for the info! I suppose I could make and weld a new neck on mine but if one is to be had it would be less work!
      Thanks again

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Surge Tank

Bill, I would also suggest that if you talk with anyone about buying a new surge tank that you make sure they know you are talking about a surge tank for a 430. If memory serves me right, there is a difference between the surge tank for the 430 and the 352 engines. It might be cosmetic only, but one of the guys can tell you. Since your wife's Tbird is customized somewhat, maybe any difference will not matter to you. As you talk with people, ask them if there is any difference, other than appearance that would keep you from using a surge tank off a 352 on your 430...

Another thing is this. You might consider taking it to a radiator repair shop if you cannot find a replacement for it. They might be able to fix it for you. And finally, email eddie and see if he has his surge tank still off his parts car. I think I gave you his email address earlier. I do not remember if his engine is a 352 or a 430. If you find out that there is no difference between a 352 and a 430 surge tank except for appearance, you might check with him. I know that the 430 surge tank mounts with the end pointing towards the carb, and the 352 surge tank mounts parallel to the radiator, so there might be some physical differences between the two. One of our more technically inclined members might be able to tell you about all this.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• MelMan
          • Oct 17 2009

surge

I think there is a dif. in relations to were the hose comes out and tank mounting? Just back on this project today! So just starting to get the fire lit back up
          Thanks Bill
          Last edited by MelMan; October 18, 2009, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• vernz
            Experienced
            • Jul 12 2008

The 352 surge tank will not work on a 430. I needed one and there is an outfit in Pennsylvania, if I remember correctly, that sells rebuilt surge tanks if you send them your bad one as an exchange. When I did it last year the cost was about $150. They come painted black and ready to go. I'll try to find the contact information.

Vern

Comment

• MelMan
              • Oct 17 2009

tank

Thanks! Vern let me know if you find that info.
              Bill

Comment

• vernz
                Experienced
                • Jul 12 2008

Bill,

Unfortunately the receipt for the surge tank wasn't with my T-bird repair receipts. I'll still look through my payment records, but I don't remember how I paid, so it might be a while.

Vern

Comment

• KULTULZ

Give These Guys A Consideration-

FE ONLY TANKS-

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡